Delve the First

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Post by riftstone » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:20 am

Re: Delve the First

OOC: Grappling would require a to hit roll anyway, correct?

Post by merias » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:18 pm

If Oldtin can actually make it down the stairs in time, he'll move in to attack with his spear.
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Post by sully » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:37 am

| Looks like no one is joining Het in his attempt to overbear Alistair so I'll switch to Parrying. |
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by Makofan » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:54 pm

My reading of the situation:

Het desperately parries for his life
Lawrence, Serech, Gunther keep attacking
Oldtin will join in the attack with his spear
Golguldir will yell at Alistair, while protected by his two henchies

I'll make a combat post this evening, so everybody has a chance to correct anything before then

Post by Makofan » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:04 pm

Alistair ignores the shouting, dismisses Het as a threat, and wheels to face the rest. Oldtin charges in with his spear, and then Alistair and Serech land mighty blows, and Alistair crashes to the floor, his head pulped in from Serech's mace.

MECHANICS
Morale check: DM's decision not needed

MOVEMENT
Alistair ignores Het and turns back to face the rest. Serech gets a rear attack.

INIT
Oldtin, spear for first attack
Initiative roll for everyone else
Party 6, Alistair 5; Party wins initiative

Oldtin @Alistair: 6 MISS
Lawrence @ Alistair: 18 HIT for <1d6> = 6 damage
Gunther @ Alistair: 15 MIIS
Serech @ Alistair: 15 +2 rear = 17 HIT for <1d6> =
6 damage, killing him.
Hetwhistle parries

WOUNDS

Fredrik: 0/6 DEAD
Hetwhistle: 1/7

Alistair: 22 points taken, dead

Post by Makofan » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:33 pm

OOC: I am posting a map to get you started, but then it is up to the players to create their own map version

You are in a largish room, lit by two torches, one lying by Fredrik's dead body, and one in the middle of the room near Alistair's corpse. Alkman is holding a third torch, back on the stairs with Golguldir. There are doors in the north, south and east walls, plus a passage leading east out of the room. The ceiling is at least twice the height of a full grown man, and four pillars stand in the corners, with life-sized caryatid-columns of white-robed maidens.

(Here is a caryatid column)

Post by riftstone » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:48 pm

Serech wipes sweat from his brow. "What a foe! It is a good and proper thing to remove servants of Chaos from this life."

Serech will provide the last rites to Fredrick.

Post by sully » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:01 pm

Hetwhistle gazes sadly at Fredrik's corpse. Is he beyond saving? Alas... Um, does anyone have a bandage I might borrow?
Are we going back up top, after we find Alistair's home and loot it? I could use a few days' rest.
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by Brumbar » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:04 pm

Lawrence will set the sword aside for the group to decide what to do with it.

He will also start taking of the plate armour, if it looks like it might fit one of the party he will suggest that that person does a wardrobe change.

Post by merias » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:32 pm

Oldtin pokes Alistair's body with his spear, while looking for a belt pouch or other means of secreting gold.
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”