Delve the First


Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

User avatar

Posts: 189

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:16 am

Location: Northern California

Post Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:20 am

Re: Delve the First

OOC: Grappling would require a to hit roll anyway, correct?
User avatar

Posts: 519

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:18 pm

Re: Delve the First

If Oldtin can actually make it down the stairs in time, he'll move in to attack with his spear.
[f=4]Orim the Dwarf Fighter (M 9" AC 6/6 HD 1+2 hp 7/7 FC Man+1) leather+helm, spear+hand axe[/f]
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 2 hp 9/9) plate+shield+helm, war hammer, sling[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1196

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:37 am

Re: Delve the First

| Looks like no one is joining Het in his attempt to overbear Alistair so I'll switch to Parrying. |
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 1121

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:54 pm

Re: Delve the First

My reading of the situation:

Het desperately parries for his life
Lawrence, Serech, Gunther keep attacking
Oldtin will join in the attack with his spear
Golguldir will yell at Alistair, while protected by his two henchies

I'll make a combat post this evening, so everybody has a chance to correct anything before then
User avatar

Posts: 1121

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:04 pm

Re: Delve the First

Alistair ignores the shouting, dismisses Het as a threat, and wheels to face the rest. Oldtin charges in with his spear, and then Alistair and Serech land mighty blows, and Alistair crashes to the floor, his head pulped in from Serech's mace.


MECHANICS
Morale check: DM's decision not needed

MOVEMENT
Alistair ignores Het and turns back to face the rest. Serech gets a rear attack.

INIT
Oldtin, spear for first attack
Initiative roll for everyone else
Party 6, Alistair 5; Party wins initiative

Oldtin @Alistair: 6 MISS
Lawrence @ Alistair: 18 HIT for <1d6> = 6 damage
Gunther @ Alistair: 15 MIIS
Serech @ Alistair: 15 +2 rear = 17 HIT for <1d6> =
6 damage, killing him.
Hetwhistle parries

WOUNDS

Fredrik: 0/6 DEAD
Hetwhistle: 1/7

Alistair: 22 points taken, dead
User avatar

Posts: 1121

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:33 pm

Re: Delve the First

OOC: I am posting a map to get you started, but then it is up to the players to create their own map version

Image

You are in a largish room, lit by two torches, one lying by Fredrik's dead body, and one in the middle of the room near Alistair's corpse. Alkman is holding a third torch, back on the stairs with Golguldir. There are doors in the north, south and east walls, plus a passage leading east out of the room. The ceiling is at least twice the height of a full grown man, and four pillars stand in the corners, with life-sized caryatid-columns of white-robed maidens.

(Here is a caryatid column)
Image
User avatar

Posts: 189

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:16 am

Location: Northern California

Post Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:48 pm

Re: Delve the First

Serech wipes sweat from his brow. "What a foe! It is a good and proper thing to remove servants of Chaos from this life."

Serech will provide the last rites to Fredrick.
User avatar

Posts: 1196

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:01 pm

Re: Delve the First

Hetwhistle gazes sadly at Fredrik's corpse. Is he beyond saving? Alas... Um, does anyone have a bandage I might borrow?


Are we going back up top, after we find Alistair's home and loot it? I could use a few days' rest.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 88

Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:22 am

Post Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:04 pm

Re: Delve the First

Lawrence will set the sword aside for the group to decide what to do with it.

He will also start taking of the plate armour, if it looks like it might fit one of the party he will suggest that that person does a wardrobe change.
User avatar

Posts: 519

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:32 pm

Re: Delve the First

Oldtin pokes Alistair's body with his spear, while looking for a belt pouch or other means of secreting gold.
[f=4]Orim the Dwarf Fighter (M 9" AC 6/6 HD 1+2 hp 7/7 FC Man+1) leather+helm, spear+hand axe[/f]
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 2 hp 9/9) plate+shield+helm, war hammer, sling[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Gorthaur's Madness

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software