Q&A

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Post by Makofan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:22 pm

Re: Q&A

sully wrote:Since arrows and bolts are for sale and sling stones are not, can I assume there's essentially a limitless supply of them in the dungeon? Or should I bring some along from outdoors?

Do my +1 to missile attacks from DEX and +3 to hurled missile attacks as a halfling stack when I use a sling? +4 in total?
I am inclined to say YES. Halflings are skillful at stones, and Hetwhistle is skilled even for a Halfling. That being said, I find slings in a dungeon to be problematic, as I envision a sling as a hurler, not with a little forked slingshot that kids used to play with. Thus, they need a fair bit of room. You will have to be in front of the group, with nobody beside you, in the round you are slinging.

Post by Makofan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:24 pm

sully wrote:Since arrows and bolts are for sale and sling stones are not, can I assume there's essentially a limitless supply of them in the dungeon? Or should I bring some along from outdoors?

Do my +1 to missile attacks from DEX and +3 to hurled missile attacks as a halfling stack when I use a sling? +4 in total?
About stones. I will assume a given search will turn up 1d6 stones as necessary, unless the conditions of the room seem to forbid that. Corridors would be better than rooms. Assume 10 stones = 1 lb

Post by Makofan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:41 pm

Rules interpretations

We have all played many different versions of D&D, and have all come up with our own assumptions and interpretations. In this game, I am going to TRY to run Delving Deeper as Rules As Written. It will be a good experience for me, and hopefully for all of you.

If I botch something, or do something different than what @waysoftheearth envisioned, he is going to PM me and we will have a discussion. This will help both me in my running the game, and him as a way to tighten up his ruleset. I may then state "I did such-and-such, but in future we will play this way instead"

Thanks for your acceptance and patience as part of the process. Let's enjoy going into strange places and having new experiences!

Post by riftstone » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:23 pm

Makofan wrote:Rules interpretations

We have all played many different versions of D&D, and have all come up with our own assumptions and interpretations. In this game, I am going to TRY to run Delving Deeper as Rules As Written. It will be a good experience for me, and hopefully for all of you.

If I botch something, or do something different than what @waysoftheearth envisioned, he is going to PM me and we will have a discussion. This will help both me in my running the game, and him as a way to tighten up his ruleset. I may then state "I did such-and-such, but in future we will play this way instead"

Thanks for your acceptance and patience as part of the process. Let's enjoy going into strange places and having new experiences!
Makofan, I am more than happy to play with rules as written and have you make judgement calls on anything out of the ordinary.

Post by riftstone » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:17 pm

Question about the HP rolls - does the roll include Con bonus?

Post by Makofan » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:09 pm

riftstone wrote:Question about the HP rolls - does the roll include Con bonus?
yes, I added it in where applicable. Unfortunately, no one got a 9!

Post by riftstone » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:27 am

Any specific Deities, or am i free to come up with whatever craziness comes to mind?

Post by Makofan » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:11 pm

riftstone wrote:Any specific Deities, or am i free to come up with whatever craziness comes to mind?
Feel free, PC deities in my other campaign are Santa Claus, Heimdall and Gods of Law

Post by sully » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:48 pm

I know Ways will allow PCs to recover some HP immediately after a fight if they rest. Is there a similar house rule for this game?
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by Makofan » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:26 pm

Unfortunately, we are trying Rules as Written, so healing is 1 point per two days of rest (until clerics hit level 2 or you find magical healing)

The idea I am trying out here is Gygax's stable of characters, where you bring in whoever is ready

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”