(070) Dnulnefluv


Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Posts: 533

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:54 pm

Location: Pace, FL

Post Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:18 pm

Re: (070) Dnulnefluv

"Too late to run and no place to hide." Olaf says, "So, I guess we fight!"

"If they come down where we can get at them." Olaf adds frowning.
Dieter, at least, can use his ring to jump up to the skiff.
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 708

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:00 pm

Re: (070) Dnulnefluv

"Let's see what they do, first," Dieter says. He has his ring on his mind, as well as his new sword.
Did this skiff come from the direction of the fortress? Also, are there any others of them about, or just the one?
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Posts: 533

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:54 pm

Location: Pace, FL

Post Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:30 pm

Re: (070) Dnulnefluv

"Right!" Olaf says grimly, "Let us see."
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16508

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:11 am

Re: (070) Dnulnefluv

The skiff tears past--the rhythmic pounding of it's propulsion drowning out even the wind--and then banks hard to its left so that it begins to circle round the crater. It's clear that those on board have spotted our heroes on the ground, and are ordering their craft around for a closer look.

The skiff makes a 100 yard wide circle before it comes roaring back from the direction of the fortress.
This is the second move of turn six.

It will take the skiff another move to reach you again (assuming it moves at the same rate)... but this time they know you're here.

What do you propose for turn seven?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 708

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:13 pm

Re: (070) Dnulnefluv

Can we see what manner of creature is aboard? We do not, as yet, know them to be enemies of ours -- they may well be enemies of the werewolves. In which case, it would be stupid to antagonize them.

Or they may be werewolves, in which case, we need to kill them.

But either way, we need to know what we're dealing with.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16508

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:47 pm

Re: (070) Dnulnefluv

coffee wrote:Can we see what manner of creature is aboard?

Elves may have sharper eyes, but at this range, in this wind, all that the three Men can make out are a handful of humanoid figures, with a few spears and possibly crossbows among them, possibly with shaggy capes or cloaks...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 708

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:02 pm

Re: (070) Dnulnefluv

Using the power of his ring, Dieter will leap toward and just over the skiff. That way, he can see what manner of creature is aboard.
I want to time this so that I'm not far away from my comrades, but I still want to intercept the skiff a distance from our position.

Please note: I am not taking an offensive action here; they are investigating via flyby and so am I.

Should hostilities eventuate, there will be time for killing then.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16508

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:51 am

Re: (070) Dnulnefluv

Dieter utters the command word for his ring then bounds upward. To his--and Olaf and Torben's--astonishment his leap is not merely magical but stupendously so! He rockets windward and soars to 100 yards of altitude! The whole of the panorama is momentarily laid out below him; a red carpet jarred with outcroppings of volcanic rock and pocked with shadowy crevices like spilled blood. From the apex of his super-heroic spring he sees that the entire battle ground is encircled by a vast ring of fortresses--dozens of them--surrounding the huge battle plain, and the crater that shelters the subsided Ring is only one among scores of similar features.

With such a gargantuan leap, Dieter's timing is all off, and the skiff circles right around the Ring crater below him, banking hard so that the half-dozen on board can get a good at his fellows on the ground. Dieter gets a good enough look at them too; cruel looking, dog-faced, hairy sorts, and a couple are pointing right at him! Certainly they look a lot more like werewolves than regular men. But by then he's already diving through the air, plummeting back toward the skiff and the surface below him!
Dieter's leap is of John Carter proportions and he has a degree of control over the direction his descent; it's as if he can "surf" the wind. So he can land on the skiff, or the ground.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 708

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:05 pm

Re: (070) Dnulnefluv

Dieter will choose to land on the skiff, sword out and ready to cause as much mayhem among them as he can.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 134

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:20 pm

Location: OH

Post Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:46 pm

Re: (070) Dnulnefluv

Torben

Torben looks up in amazement as Dieter launches himself into the sky.


Crash land it and jump to safety!
PreviousNext

Return to Hinterlands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software