(067) Back Passages

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by ehiker133 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:21 am

Re: (067) Back Passages

Satisfied, Desmond taps twice on the floor of the lift, then twice again.

Once he is lowered, he tells the others where the lift comes out and asks what the rest want to do at this point.
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by Merctime » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:27 am

"Unless we require this lift for our own use," begins Dhren, "Maybe we should sabotage it by cutting the ropes that make it work so we aren't accosted from here as we explore. Which, I think, may be best... It appears to me that we've exhausted looking into this area. Unless I'm missing something, shall we away back to the ring chamber and see what else we can find there?"

The elf tugs at the dumbwaiter ropes again, after Desmond is safely off of it. "I don't suppose this thing can be made to go down, could it?" He muses out-loud after a bit.

Post by mgtremaine » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:27 pm

flightcommander wrote:Armando, torch in hand, enters the hallway and observes the scene, nonplussed. He approaches Wen after a moment and they discuss the goings on in the laundry room.

"Well, all is quiet down in the Ring Room. Curious, that one panel with the ring, and the wolf-men holding the rods before them. What do you make of it? It suggests the wolf-men are exiting the ring, and perhaps the rods are ... What, do you suppose? Magical talismans? Religious symbols? Flails of some sort? Or mechanical keys, perhaps, to unlock the power of the gate?

"And funny about the smell ..."
Wen stands watching the others fiddling with the laundry and chute thinking about the portal above. Armado's voice enters his thoughts.

"I think a key of some sort mechanical or magical. If that truly is a portal that can cross unknown distances it would be foolish to leave it open and on. There must be an key to activate it. If we can not figure it out we might think about destroying it for our safety"
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by sully » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:33 pm

mgtremaine wrote:"I think a key of some sort mechanical or magical. If that truly is a portal that can cross unknown distances it would be foolish to leave it open and on. There must be an key to activate it. If we can not figure it out we might think about destroying it for our safety"
Dorgan, overhearing this conversation, replies, I might agree with ya, 'cept that portal might be our only way ta rescue Gustave. We can't destroy it until we figure out where he is.
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by Merctime » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:50 pm

Hiridhren also speaks up about this. "I'd also like to keep it active, so to speak. I've got to confess being rather curious as to where it might lead. And if it leads to your lost fellow, so much the better!"

Post by mgtremaine » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:41 am

sully wrote:
mgtremaine wrote:"I think a key of some sort mechanical or magical. If that truly is a portal that can cross unknown distances it would be foolish to leave it open and on. There must be an key to activate it. If we can not figure it out we might think about destroying it for our safety"
Dorgan, overhearing this conversation, replies, I might agree with ya, 'cept that portal might be our only way ta rescue Gustave. We can't destroy it until we figure out where he is.
Wen would consider this. "It's a good point but there was no tracks on the ramp, I'm not sure anyone went that way for sometime." With a laugh Wen has a thought "We should ask Josiane coin. It seems as likely to tell us as anything else."
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:42 am

| It would be a simple matter to sabotage the laundry-lift chute, but it might be rather more complicated to destroy The Ring ;) |

What now people?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by sully » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:45 am

Dorgan will look for anything heavy that the party can use to block the vent. He will recommend that someone with more strength than he sabotage the chute. After that, it's time to leave.
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:51 am

Options for blocking the ventilation passage might include breaking up one of the foot ladders used to access the wash cauldrons for timber and, possibly with paddles too, nailing the resulting boards over the access vent. Or--more effort but more secure--pulling down some of the brickwork than encloses the fit pit beneath a wash cauldron and using these to rebuild the wall over the vent. Or... something else?

I seem to remember that there were a bunch of mason's tools and materials stored in the first room of the Basal. These could be put to use..?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by Merctime » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:55 am

While not strong, Dhren has a sword! He will nod towards Dorgan, and begin to look for the ropes that run the dumbwaiter. And cut them through.

"Well, it's not permanent, but should buy some time. Winding more rope around the pulleys should slow anyone down, at least!"

| That is, of course, if the dumbwaiter is run by rope and pulley! haha |

| I'm all for going back to the ring room and looking around there for other exits. Bare in mind, I haven't been in this place extensively so am only really aware of what's happened recently; Where folks have gone, what they've found, etc |

Return to “Hinterlands”