(065) An Unlikely Rendezvous

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by sully » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:42 am

Re: (065) An Unlikely Rendezvous

Dorgan nods knowingly, and then says, "Helmut, make sure we only have pilgrims in this group here. If the doppler-thingy has infiltrated the group, the Miss and I won't know until it's too late."

Once Helmut confirms the group's full of legit pilgrims, Dorgan will give Josiane the thumbs up to proceed back to the sanctum. He will take up the rear guard.
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by heartless » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:16 am

Ashtad will follow Torben to join Dieter, Desmond and the rest. "I think it safest if we stay together. Can you lead the way Torben as I am new to this place. I will guard the rear for I am good with my bow" says Ashtad.
[Hinderlands]Kianna the Elf Sister-Fighter-Medium, Elf Maiden, Fighter/MU/Cleric 1/1/1
[Hinterlands-Netherworld] Ashtad Engel (the flaming arrow), Human Maiden, Marksman 2
[Moria] Lady Éohild (Noble of Rohan), Human Women, Fighter 3

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:21 am

| Torben and Ashtad over to thread 66 please. |
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:26 am

doctorx wrote:"Perhaps we might conceal them in the hidden sanctum?" she whispers to Dorgan; "The enemy does not seem to have been able to penetrate that holy place as yet."
| The referee humbly reminds the players that the gaggle of pilgrims are famished and parched and footsore from weeks upon the road! Some of their zeal might be restored with a feed, some rest, and a good sermon; then they could be put to good use restoring the kitchen and refectory to some semblance of order. Then they could be made to put clean out the sleeping quarters so that they have somewhere to rest. And so on... |
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by Condorcet » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:03 pm

sully wrote:Dorgan nods knowingly, and then says, "Helmut, make sure we only have pilgrims in this group here. If the doppler-thingy has infiltrated the group, the Miss and I won't know until it's too late."

Once Helmut confirms the group's full of legit pilgrims, Dorgan will give Josiane the thumbs up to proceed back to the sanctum. He will take up the rear guard.
Helmut nods, then pauses, wondering just how he should do this. Scanning the pilgrims, he tries to remember who was there and indeed, how many there were. It didnt really seem important until now...

In any case, he muses, how is one to spot a dopple-ganger? On this, his readings are silent.

Post by sully » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:19 am

Dorgan calls Helmut and Josiane over, out of earshot of the pilgrims, and says, "A thought just crossed me mind. If'n we're gonna make this place into our new home, mebbe we can put these folks ta work helpin' us clean it up. Having 'em sit around jumping at shadows ain't a good idea. No pun intended. Let's get 'em fed and then see if we can put some chores in front of 'em."
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:05 am

Condorcet wrote:Helmut nods, then pauses, wondering just how he should do this. Scanning the pilgrims, he tries to remember who was there and indeed, how many there were. It didnt really seem important until now...
The pilgrims are as unremarkable to Helmut as ever they were. He recalls only that huge numbers of them departed Maine, accompanying the official delegation, and that they gradually dwindled throughout the trek. These last dozen or so are the last of them, apparently the most dedicated, hardy, and willful of the sorry lot.

Remembering individuals among them is out of the question.

Post by mushgnome » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:38 pm

(OOC: Is Highbough back from the bell tower yet? He'd want to make himself useful in case, oh I don't know, someone discovered ancient Elfish runes.)
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by Condorcet » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:56 am

Helmut breaks out some of his trail rations, still somewhat soiled from the encouter with the bridge troll (but fortunately without too much blood, he surmises). Using these as an offering, he guides the pilgrims to the kitchen area before handing out the goodies.

"I suggest you remain here for the moment while we ensure the rest of the abbey is clear of vermin," he says while the pilgrims eat, "Rest now, and break your fast, but if you then have energy to spare there is clearly much to be done in repairing the damage done, and here is as good a place to start as any."

He glances up at Dorgan and Josiane, "Noone will be going to Ket soon it seems."

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:01 am

mushgnome wrote:(OOC: Is Highbough back from the bell tower yet? He'd want to make himself useful in case, oh I don't know, someone discovered ancient Elfish runes.)
Yes, Highbough has completed his reconnaissance and can return whither you like (with Beringar in tow).

Return to “Hinterlands”