(062) The Basal

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by mushgnome » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:18 pm

Re: (062) The Basal

"What is taking them so long?" mutters Highbough. "Leaving me out here all alone with nobody to talk to except myself. My mind is starting to play tricks on me..."
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by Eris » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:39 pm

"Jos and Wen need to rest a bit. I'll go to the bottom of the stairs to watch for intruders." Olaf says, "We do need to move on then. Gustave has been missing for over an hour now...no telling what has happened to him in that time."

Olaf moves to the bottom of the stairs and stands watch.

OOC: I think Dieter is doing the same and Highbrough is already there, right?
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:58 pm

ehiker133 wrote:| So does this mean we need to spend another turn resting for Josiane? Or what are her penalties if we don't? |
It isn't explicitly stated what should happens if a player refuses to rest when the rules state he must. Let's assume that a character who "must rest" will be fatigued (-2 penalty to hit, -2 to AC, and -2 to morale checks) and feebleminded (except that he can still speak) until he does rest.
ehiker133 wrote: | Also, Ways, I assume Desmond needs to mark off one day's worth of victuals from his inventory (as does anyone else who rested for HP recovery)? I'll take that trade for the 3 HP... |
We'll call that the midday meal break. So, if you're tracking supplies per meal, then yes you can strike one off.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:28 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
ehiker133 wrote:| So does this mean we need to spend another turn resting for Josiane? Or what are her penalties if we don't? |
It isn't explicitly stated what should happens if a player refuses to rest when the rules state he must. Let's assume that a character who "must rest" will be fatigued (-2 penalty to hit, -2 to AC, and -2 to morale checks) and feebleminded (except that he can still speak) until he does rest.
| Then rest she must do! ;) |

Desmond nods in agreement at Dorgan's spoken thoughts. "It does not seem like the visions in any way pointed to The Gustave being underground or still here in the Abbey. I agree with seeing where the path past the wolfman statue leads. Once the missus rests, we should make our way back there. Only... I wouldn't mind if we quickly checked the hallway for my bow and arrows and cloak when we leave the infirmary."
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:36 am

Very well.

Josiane takes another turn of rest while Dieter goes outside to relieve (or look for) Highbough and everyone else stamps their feet impatiently.

| Josiane was previously on 6/9 hp, 1d6=4, so back to 9/9.
Wen might as well take another rest too, 1d6=3, but no improvement over his last rest.

Ref checks for encounters; 1d6...

Okay, I think we're all ready to go? |
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:03 pm

Wen feels refreshed after a bite of food and quiet moment. He sees Josiane resting and the others are pacing with worried looks. "I have one last bit of magic that I can perform here, perhaps it will pay off." Wen once again takes off his armor and prepares himself. Once ready he casts the The Infinitesimal Summons focusing his will and desire on his small friends. "Find the lost Gustave, go and search"
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by coffee » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:50 pm

I'm having trouble remembering: We are at the bottom of the stairs, here, right? Or do they continue?

At any rate, yes, Dieter is now outside the room standing watch; if Highbough wants to go inside and rest, he may. And if Olaf comes out to stand watch as well, so much the better.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:18 pm

With everyone rested, and Wen re-suited in his armour after casting his spell, Desmond makes sure the secret door is once again secured shut. Once everyone is out of the room, he suggests Wen use the Enigma staff to close the room up, hopefully protecting it from any further defiling.

Then Desmond leads the way up the stairs, once again avoiding and pointing out the trapped step. He'll keep an eye out for his bow and quiver and cloak as they make their way into the first infirmary room. He doesn't recall if he dumped them here or in the hallway...
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by sully » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:46 pm

Dorgan scrambles to his feet and once again secures his shield to his arm. Hefting Mads Cold Iron Axe, he's ready to move.
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by mushgnome » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:35 pm

coffee wrote: At any rate, yes, Dieter is now outside the room standing watch; if Highbough wants to go inside and rest, he may.
"I'll rest when I'm dead, human," quips the irritable old Elf.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Return to “Hinterlands”