[06] Conclusions

Waysoftheearth's V3 Demo Game

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:40 pm

[06] Conclusions

Okay folks, let's wrap it up there...

Will the wicked Utrzil ensorcel the others and get away with the pick of the loot? Or will his spell be interrupted and his wormy-self brought to justice?

What might Biratlan find in the monster's gullet?
Who will take home the magic sword vs lycanthropes?
Will Magnus find any secret passages from the lair?
What other secrets do the swampy cluster of Ziggurats hide?
Will any of the PCs the swamp alive??

I'll leave it to your imagination...

Thanks to everyone who participated; I think we've successfully demo'd how a game can be run :)

Commiserations to Ratikranger though, who lost two PCs but didn't make it to the treasure :D

All the best!
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:42 am

Re: [06] Conclusions

Quick summary of probable XP earnings for your amusement:

Seeing off the stegosaurs @800 = 400 XP
Defeating four giant leeches @200 = 800 XP
Defeating 4th level anti-cleric @400 = 400 XP
Defeating two zealot guards @100 = 200 XP
Slaying a dozen ensorcelled zealots = 100 XP
Defeating one wyvern @800 = 800 XP
The wyvern's hoard = 6,000 XP (for the gold, magic items are their own reward!)

So all told, 8,700 XP would have been gained by the players.

The 2,700 XP for defeating foes would have been divided evenly among those that participated in the combats.

The 6,000 XP for the gold, and also the magic items, would have been divided among the survivors by the players.

Players would then individually apply their own Prime Requisite adjustments to their XP earned.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by DuBeers » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:50 am

Great game, everyone! I had a blast.

I'm diminishing my online presence for a while, at least the summer and possibly longer, but wanted to finish the game. We put a good end to it and I hope we've demonstrated well how solid Simon's rules are.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:45 am

Thanks DuBeers, glad you enjoyed the game ;)

I'm the custodian/producer of the latest DD rules, yes, but as far as I'm concerned they're not really "my" rules; they're everyone's!

Post by sully » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:17 am

Great fun! Thanks, Ways!
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by mistere29 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:37 pm

Thanks for the game do you have any openings in one of the other games here?

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:00 pm

Glad you enjoyed it Mistere29.

I'm running the Hinterlands campaign here which you'd be welcome to join. Another player has just joined too, so now might be a good time. It's using "evolved" DD rules; which basically means DD plus house rules. I'm not explaining all the mechanics or showing all the dice in that one, so it's a bit more challenging for the players ;) If you want to join make a post in the Requests to Join thread.

Mgtremaine is also running the Edge of the Western Sea campaign; he might be interested in new players too--you'll need to ask him.

Post by ratikranger » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:49 pm

Thanks for the game and sorry that I wasn't around to see everything through. Although I bit the dust fairly soon a second time. I think I was right to split up the attack though, that way the wyvern had to come for one of us, leaving the other free to attack. Could have gone "my way" as well if the wyvern had chosen the other side. Tough luck! I had fun anyway, so thanks again everybody!

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:51 am

Yep, is was a sound--if somewhat bold--strategy Ratikranger. Effectively you knew one of the two players was playing bait and likely to die. Unfortunately the dice decided to school you rather than the "other guy".

Having seen that outcome, I'm quite sure a well organised group could have done some withering damage with bolts and arrows at a distance. Still, it all worked out well in the end--for those that lived!

Thanks for your participation :D

Return to “Delving Deeper V3 Demo 2014”