Out Of Character

Waysoftheearth's V3 Demo Game

Post by DuBeers » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:09 am

Re: Out Of Character

Let me rescind the "throw axe" order, then. I thought the wyvern might be large enough to engage without endangering the targets, but I'll just attack with the sword, instead.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:37 pm

Hey folks; FYI-- I've been busy with real life over the weekend, but the next in game update is coming soon...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:53 am

Question for Sully; in the upcoming combat turn does Sullivus intend to ignite his last oil flask and then throw it? Or throw it as it is (unignited)?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by sully » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:08 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:Question for Sully; in the upcoming combat turn does Sullivus intend to ignite his last oil flask and then throw it? Or throw it as it is (unignited)?
If it looks like the previous oil toss is still burning, Sullivus will throw the new flask unlit. If it looks like the wyvern is no longer on fire, Sullivus will take the time to light the new flask first.
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:12 pm

sully wrote:If it looks like the previous oil toss is still burning, Sullivus will throw the new flask unlit. If it looks like the wyvern is no longer on fire, Sullivus will take the time to light the new flask first.
OD&D doesn't talk specifics about how burning oil should work, but Holmes and B/X both indicate that a flaming oil attack should deal damage on a direct hit, and also on the turn following a direct hit.

Therefore, Sullivus' burning oil attack from last turn will continue to burn this turn and he can hurl his new flask unlit...

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:36 pm

Looks like a famous victory is about to be won... but who'll be left standing to pick over the beast's treasure??

Post by sully » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:16 pm

Yeah, a little metagaming here. We know the fire is going to kill the wyvern next round so everyone back the heck off! Run, fight defensively, hide, whatever you need to do.
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:21 pm

sully wrote:Yeah, a little metagaming here. We know the fire is going to kill the wyvern next round so everyone back the heck off! Run, fight defensively, hide, whatever you need to do.
What would you do if you were the Wyvern?

Post by sully » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:25 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
sully wrote:Yeah, a little metagaming here. We know the fire is going to kill the wyvern next round so everyone back the heck off! Run, fight defensively, hide, whatever you need to do.
What would you do if you were the Wyvern?
Stop, drop, and roll?

I don't know, it didn't react to the fire last round. But I guess it's starting to... feel the heat.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:33 pm

sully wrote:Stop, drop, and roll?

I don't know, it didn't react to the fire last round. But I guess it's starting to... feel the heat.
Yes indeed :D

Return to “Delving Deeper V3 Demo 2014”