Out Of Character

Waysoftheearth's V3 Demo Game

Post by ratikranger » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:47 pm

Re: Out Of Character

Here's to hoping Potts will see a tied-up elf in the next room... :-D

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:26 am

You may notice that I've started calling the dungeon exploration turns "turn 3.8" instead of simply "turn 8".

Don't panic :)

I was already keeping track of turn numbers at three different scales myself (wilderness, dungeon, and combat). But then I was only reporting the scale you were presently at in my posts. This was starting to get a bit messy with the various changes of timescale, so I've decided to report all the relevant timescales with each post instead.

So If I post that it is "turn 3.10" this indicates it is dungeon-exploration turn 10, within wilderness-exploration turn/day 3.

If, during combat, I post that it is "turn 3.10.4" this indicates it is combat-turn 4, within dungeon-exploration turn 10, within wilderness-exploration turn/day 3.

This keeps all the time tracking information in the open, and means that we all know we are in day 3 (with an initial 7 day supply of rations), and that we are in dungeon exploration turn X (and that torches will burn for one hour, lanterns two hours, and so on).
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:49 am

ratikranger wrote:Here's to hoping Potts will see a tied-up elf in the next room... :-D
A sacrifice on the Chaotic altar, you think? ;)
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by ratikranger » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:43 am

I noticed that halflings and elves have almost identical "they can sneak and they can hide" descriptions in DD. Does that mean my elf can sneak around with Potts? If so that might make future scouting a cooperative job.

Post by ratikranger » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:44 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
ratikranger wrote:Here's to hoping Potts will see a tied-up elf in the next room... :-D
A sacrifice on the Chaotic altar, you think? ;)
Well, I'd hope my character would be "in the process of being sacrificed" rather than just ending up as a dead lump of elf meat... :shock:

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:00 am

ratikranger wrote:I noticed that halflings and elves have almost identical "they can sneak and they can hide" descriptions in DD. Does that mean my elf can sneak around with Potts? If so that might make future scouting a cooperative job.
Yes, in DD everyone can sneak and hide. Elves/halfings/thieves (in leather/no armour) are further advantaged by the dice if/when they do so ;)

Post by ratikranger » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:52 am

waysoftheearth wrote:Yes, in DD everyone can sneak and hide. Elves/halfings/thieves (in leather/no armour) are further advantaged by the dice if/when they do so ;)
Awesome! And awesome of me that I bought that green-gray traveling cloak and not a bright red one. :mrgreen:

Post by ratikranger » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:34 pm

Guess who's itching to play? This guy! :-D

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:06 pm

ratikranger wrote:Guess who's itching to play? This guy! :-D
Think of it as "serving penance" for your tactical error ;)

But don't worry too much, I have a plan for introducing your new character shortly...

Post by ratikranger » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:13 am

waysoftheearth wrote:Think of it as "serving penance" for your tactical error ;)
That's how I look at it, and it's well-deserved. But that doesn't mean I can't nag. :-)

Return to “Delving Deeper V3 Demo 2014”