Out Of Character

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:14 pm

Re: Out Of Character

Also, I didn't make this clear in my last in game post, but there was no spring forthcoming from Dieter's ring when he called upon it.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by danhem » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:19 am

Nicely done Dieter and Dorgan. Let's see if we can capitalize on this situation.

Just FYI, we've inflicted 17 hp of damage to the 12 HD tar fiend between Ulric's two magic missiles and the fall. We have a long way to go (or not).

Ways, can we see how much of the wall came down with the fiend?

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:40 am

danhem wrote:Ways, can we see how much of the wall came down with the fiend?
The damaged lengths of wall are in something of a "sawtooth" state, with 3-4ft deep gaps punched out of it wherever the Fiend planted a huge foot. It's still an imposing wall with a minimum 6-7ft height in tact.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by coffee » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:23 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:Also, I didn't make this clear in my last in game post, but there was no spring forthcoming from Dieter's ring when he called upon it.
Yeah, I was wondering about that.

Too soon after my last use? Out of charges? Doesn't work for straight horizontal movement?

I guess only time will tell!
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Post by Eris » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:43 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:I'm imagining all the fighters pile on to tackle the Tar Fiend physcially, World Cup Rugby-style, and bring it crashing to the ground, whereupon Wen jumps in to stare it directly in the "face" and give it the "mirror shades" treatment, hoping he doesn't get disintegrated in the process :D
Well, yes, and Olaf is going to be smashing at the monster's torso with the grappling hook. :)
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:31 am

coffee wrote: Too soon after my last use? Out of charges? Doesn't work for straight horizontal movement?
Limited to three uses per (unknown time period)?

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:37 am

From what I can make out, we thus far have Wen, possibly Dorgan, Beringar, and Olaf putting themselves in harm's way. All things being equal, that would mean one chance in four that mirror shades Wen will be targeted.

For those attacking, please be explicit about what weapon you are using and whether you are attacking: in heroic combat (aka "to kill"), to subdue, or to overbear.

Post by sully » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:47 am

waysoftheearth wrote:From what I can make out, we thus far have Wen, possibly Dorgan, Beringar, and Olaf putting themselves in harm's way. All things being equal, that would mean one chance in four that mirror shades Wen will be targeted.

For those attacking, please be explicit about what weapon you are using and whether you are attacking: in heroic combat (aka "to kill"), to subdue, or to overbear.
Dorgan will make sure he didn't drop his axe or shield on the way down, but he'll refrain from attacking until after Wen's gaze reflection thingy succeeds or fails.
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by Olroda » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:47 am

Beringar will be using his spear in a (feeble?) attempt to kill it.

It doesn't seem wise now, but when I wrote that he would charge, I had the impression that Torben, Olaf, Dieter and Dorgan were likely targets by crowding around (or under!) the fiend.
Anyway, my order still stands. There is no way Beringar would let Lucky Olaf get crushed or incinerated on his own!

Post by danhem » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:53 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:I.e., you probably don't want to give me any reason to think that the Tar Fiend might target anyone other than Wen. If there are multiple targets on offer, I will dice to see who gets it.
While I appreciate the desire to stay "in character," we may want to consider Ways BIG piece of advice above.

Return to “Hinterlands”