Heroes in the Making

Waysoftheearth's V3 Demo Game

Post by ratikranger » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Heroes in the Making

Hmm, looks like a thief to me. Let me ponder this for a few hours while I am in class. :mrgreen:

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:16 pm

ratikranger wrote:Hmm, looks like a thief to me. Let me ponder this for a few hours while I am in class. :mrgreen:
Or a shooty fighter type--which might help you keep your distance from any future giant leeches ;)
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by ratikranger » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:34 pm

True, we don't really have anyone with a bow yet. What's the crossbow ROF and damage? Same as bow or slower/more damage?

Post by ratikranger » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:44 pm

Actually, scratch that. I am thinking "elven hunter/ranger dude" now. Especially since I just saw that "short range" is +2 to hit in DD! Combined with the split-move capability, he'll make an awesome turret. :mrgreen: I am imagining coming across these guys as I search the swamp looking for something unrelated to their task, your call if that's really true. I should have the stats for everything (new character sheet) later today.

Post by ratikranger » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:29 pm

Rahaulyr, Elven Fighter
.~-= Rahaulyr =-~.

Race : Elf
Alignment : Neutral

Class & Levels : Fighter 1
Experience Points : 0
XP Bonus : +0%

Normal/Heroic: Normal

Appearance
Long silver hair, braided in back, pale complexion, dark blue eyes, facial twitch.

Abilities
STR : 09 (doors 5-6, load limits 75/100/150/225)
INT : 12 (4 languages: Elven, Neutral, Common, Orc, Hobgoblin, Gnoll) (is 4 my cap despite being an elf?)
WIS : 07
DEX : 14 (+1 missile attacks)
CON : 09 (60% shock survival)
CHA : 10 (4 retainers)

Armour Class : 7/7 (front/back)
Hit Dice : 1+2
Hit Points : ?
Saving Throws :
Poison: 12
Wands & Rays: 13
Paralysis & Petrification: 14
Breath Weapon: 15
Spells: 16

Gear

Backpack (4 gp, 30 lb capacity, 15 lb used) containing
Iron rations, five days (15 gp, 5 lb)
Waterskin (1 gp, 5 lb)
Tinderbox (2 gp, -)
20 Arrows (5 gp, 5 lb)

Cloak, traveling, green-grey (3 gp, 5 lb)
Longbow (40 gp, 5 lb)
Quiver, 20 Arrows (10 gp, 5 lb)
2 Daggers (3 gp, 2 lb each)
Leather Armor (10 gp, 20 lb)

Total weight: 52 lb
Movement: 12"

Wealth
4 gp
0 sp
0 cp

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:53 pm

ratikranger wrote:Rahaulyr, Elven Fighter
Nice work ratikranger.

You might consider carrying two-score arrows (even if it means downgrading to a shortbow) since I will be considering "missile attacks" to comprise volleys of 1-6 arrows, and--when stationary--you can loose two such missile attacks per one-minute combat turn.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by ratikranger » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:22 am

waysoftheearth wrote:You might consider carrying two-score arrows (even if it means downgrading to a shortbow) since I will be considering "missile attacks" to comprise volleys of 1-6 arrows, and--when stationary--you can loose two such missile attacks per one-minute combat turn.
I looked up "two-score" and it seems to mean 40. I carry 40 arrows already. But I can also carry another 20 to make it 60 for a machine-gun ranger. :shock: I was going with Longbow to maximize range, but I was already thinking that a Shortbow would be more appropriate for a delve. I just couldn't decide if Rahaulyr is here for that structure or not. If he is, then a Shortbow (a) makes more sense and (b) allows me to max out ammo. :mrgreen:

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:27 am

ratikranger wrote:I looked up "two-score" and it seems to mean 40.
See? Playing DD expands your vocab ;)

Post by ratikranger » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:04 am

Actually I just had to get rid of the tinderbox to get another 20 arrows. :D One last question before I post the character sheet: Do you have a house-rule for fighting with two weapons? I have two daggers because I envision this guy to mostly use his bow but if he actually gets cornered pulling out those two daggers in a silly Legolas imitation. Any mechanical effects? If not I may consider going for a different melee weapon.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:47 am

ratikranger wrote:Do you have a house-rule for fighting with two weapons?
I'm not a huge believer that florentine (aka dual-wielding) should be particularly more effective than other fighting styles in general. But I acknowledge it's a popular game option.

Dual-wielding has several advantages "built in" by the book. You have a choice of two weapons when it comes to deterministic initiative and also parrying purposes i.e., it's possible to parry a sword with a sword without risk of being disarmed, but then counter strike with a dagger (which wouldn't be allowed with the sword). You'd also remain armed (with the other weapon) if you happened to be disarmed during battle.

For this game, I'll rule that an attack roll of 20 while dual-wielding will deal two-dice damage.

Return to “Delving Deeper V3 Demo 2014”