06 - The Road to Tor-Xonor

Mgtremaine's World of Tybor PBP

Moderator: mgtremaine

Post by merias » Tue May 20, 2014 9:06 pm

Re: 06 - The Road to Tor-Xonor

Alrik is fine with the plan to go to the cave.
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Post by doctorx » Tue May 20, 2014 10:16 pm

okruse wrote:Phadian

<Looks uncertainly at the keep>"Impressive .. Why did we come here again? I figured this was as good a place as any to start looking for Holgar, plus this place is kind of legendary ... in a spooky kind of way. Hagwen you were intent on coming here, might you reveal your purpose so we can help."
Hagwen

Hagwen shoots Phadian a black stare and seems to be on the verge of answering sharply, but she bites her tongue and her expression eventually softens. (Insofar as it can, which frankly isn't all that much.)

"Friend o' mine gone missin' 'ere. Got a mind ta find out wot's 'appened to him."

She casts her eyes about, surveying the grim landscape searchingly.

"In these parts I trust a dwarf more than most; I'll lissen ta yer wisdom, Urist."

She shoots the dwarf a rare (if brief) smile.

"But I'd fancy takin' a quick shuftie round the joint first. Mebbe there's others stickin' their noses in 'ere; Wouldn't 'urt ta find out 'oo an' why..."

Post by okruse » Thu May 22, 2014 1:37 am

Phadian

"I will help in any way I can to find your friend."

Post by mgtremaine » Fri May 23, 2014 12:57 am

Situation: The party is in a low valley looking up the "Tor" at the front of the Ruins. Hagwen decides to take a look around and moves off into the brush, after a few minutes you've lost sight and sound of her.....
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Fri May 23, 2014 11:19 am

"While we are waiting for her to come back, let's tether the mule and cache our heavier supplies. I suggest that cluster of trees to the left, near the cave opening." suggests Ulrist.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Fri May 23, 2014 1:36 pm

Rhegaer the Red

Rhegaer, not much for thinking, nods quietly and begins moving towards the trees near the cave opening to prepare the make-shift camp.
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Sat May 24, 2014 2:04 pm

The party follows Urist's lead and makes a simple camps/cache in a deep copse below the the top of the Tor. Sometime later Hagwen would return.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by doctorx » Sat May 24, 2014 9:52 pm

Hagwen

"Right; we've got tracks o' goblins, an' sumfink a lot bigger - Ogre I reckon: Nasty buggers, them."

"The whole o' the West side's smashed right open; Looks like summat big went in there. If'n ya knows yer folklore, yer won't need me ta tell ya wot."

"An' 'ere's a thing,"
she adds quietly; "Elves. Leastways there's a campsite back there as shows all the signs. A company o' them woz 'ere not so long back. One grave. Seems they met wiv trouble. They wuz able ta fight it off, but it came at a price."

A thoughtful scowl and a glimmer of what might be sorrow clouds her plain brow. She scratches Aurora behind the ears and lapses into silence.

Post by mgtremaine » Sun May 25, 2014 2:01 pm

Whatever discussion unfolds it seems the plan it to explore the lower cave opening on the left. Rik again offers to stay with the mule, dark closed in places full of danger are not from him. But Shoul seem ready to act as Torchbearer for Phadian. So the leaving behind whatever supplies and equipment seems appropriate the party moves quietly towards the cave mouth.

Over to 07 - Exploring Tor-Xonor

Post by mushgnome » Sun May 25, 2014 2:09 pm

"An Ogre, eh?" Urist presses a finger alongside his nose and makes an obscene blowing noise through the other nostril. "Stupid, nasty brutes who use their great strength to bully the other goblin-types. We'll want to stay out of melee range against that one. The elves never stood a chance, ha ha..."

The Dwarf looks thoughtful for a moment, as if remembering old campfire stories. "We should keep track of the time and not leave our mule unattended after dark."
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Return to “Edge of the Western Sea”