04 - Ruin in the Moor

Mgtremaine's World of Tybor PBP

Moderator: mgtremaine

Post by doctorx » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:00 pm

Re: 04 - Ruin in the Moor

Hagwen

"Everyone go steady! Look before ya grab! If this was where Ilmir 'ung 'is pointy hat 'e ain't gonna 'ave left it free fer easy pickin's! Watch out fer that foot locker!"

She looks at Urist keenly when he emerges spluttering from the water barrel.

"Ain't you Dwarfs meant ta be good at sniffin' out traps an' wotnot? C'mon, short-stuff; show us what ya got!"

(O.O.C: Welcome to the game, mush! :D )

Post by mgtremaine » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:50 am

Hagwen's words seem to fall of deaf ears as Alrik starts going through Illmir's papers and books. After a few moments Alrik is still alive so the rest of the party shuffles in and starts taking a look around.....

Alrik comes up with 3 important items
1 Book written Draconic "The Evanglations of Ferrin Kep Vol1"
1 Book written in Chosium (the tongue of Chaos)
1 Scroll written in Chosium

The chest reveals 2 sacks of gold. 768gp Total
There is a pile of equipment in one corner of the room which is composed of all the missing equipment of Urist, also found are 2 human sized suits of leather armor.

On the desk is a small pouch with 7 gems within (7x100gp). These seem to be the same cut and size as the others you found on the bandits and the goblin leader.

A map showing the area from Trinity to Rakland, Rakland is an Island far north of Upper Trinity. [Will post]

A few crude maps of the area, showing the villages and town of Alu on the Downs and the Kings Keep with notes and tactics for the attack, which failed.

The rest of the things you find are rather mundane.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by okruse » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:31 am

ooc

I will do up a loot list and post it (Mike let me know your suggestions on where to put it on the site).

Post by mgtremaine » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:48 pm

ooc: I would think Out of Character thread.. Or you can start a new Thread Treasure Lists... Which would make it easy to look back at just treasure related posts.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by okruse » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:03 pm

ooc

I have created thread called Treasure (that sounds like the cleanest idea to me). Tonight I will make a post for each section of our adventures.

Post by merias » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:10 pm

Alrik, oblivious to the gold and jewels, examines the scrolls and book intently, then packs them away.

"I'll need some time to understand these writings, when we return to town."

ooc: Welcome, mushgnome!

Treasure thread is a good idea, thanks okruse.
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Post by okruse » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:21 am

ooc

I scrubbed the treasure out of the first four sections in our little adventure. Not sure if this section is complete, but when it is I will create a separate post with everything in one list and we can work out the division of things.

Post by okruse » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:22 am

Phadian

To group "Is there anywhere else on the map we need to search. I am now anxious to get back to town."

Post by ehiker133 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:58 am

Rhegaer the Red

Rhegaer agrees with returning to town. "Do you think the evil wizards belongings are enough to prove his death? Or should we take his head, as well?"

As they are packing things up to hike back to town, he asks Alrik, "Can you tell us if any of the items we found are magical? Might help us figure out what they are worth."
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by mushgnome » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:58 pm

Urist is relieved to have his gear back, such as it is. The newcomers might notice his lack of armor and conspicious non-jingle of his coin purse. He inspects the human-sized leather armor, but doesn't think it will fit his short and sturdy frame.

Urist pops his helmet on his head and takes up his hammer and shield. "That's more like it! Back to town, huh? That doesn't sound very fun. :( This dwarf is ready for action!"

(Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!)
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Return to “Edge of the Western Sea”