(055) Wildwood/The Ivory Wold

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by danhem » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:23 am

Re: (055) Wildwood/The Ivory Wold

Ulric asks Desmond to purchase 3 more flasks of lantern oil and 2 flasks of firewater oil if the Quartermaster has them. He hands over 27 silver coins to cover the cost. He then returns to his chamber to continue studying his spell books.

Post by danhem » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:25 am

waysoftheearth wrote: I believe you each have three weeks of waybread filling your packs.

So long as all this isn't carried off, allowed to rot, or eaten by monsters you should be amply supplied.
OOC: Yeah, but when has that happened? ;)

Post by sully » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:29 am

Dorgan will see if the Quartermaster will give him anything for his old Ring Mail. Otherwise, he's ready as he'll ever be for the next adventure.

Actually, he will look into acquiring a pipe and some tobacco from the Elves before leaving.
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by ehiker133 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:41 am

danhem wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote: I believe you each have three weeks of waybread filling your packs.

So long as all this isn't carried off, allowed to rot, or eaten by monsters you should be amply supplied.
OOC: Yeah, but when has that happened? ;)
OOC: like I said, we have a vault now! And even a secret room for those of the lawful persuasion! And a fountain of water for Josiane to bless and make into holy water for healing, and...
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by flightcommander » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:31 am

"Correction!" Armando gently chides the halfling(s), "you shall be the second to request a silvered dagger from the Quartermaster. But yours shall be newly forged ..."

"As for The Boar, my intention was precisely to misdirect his attention to one of the many Goblin nests that have been identified so far, while we might make war on another, more convenient outpost. We might thereby use The Boar's ambitions to our own advantage. Should he and his Company prevail against the Goblins, so much the better for us! But should he fail and his Company perish, alas, such is life, we will have at least honored him with a heroic fate.

"Now, however, if we are determined to mount a second foray against the Abbey and its current inhabitants, I propose we hold off this subterfuge with The Boar. If we are to strike the Goblins at some future date, then it is best that The Boar strike them elsewhere at the same time!

"So now the Abbey. I must tell you again — as I brought it up during The Council — that I suspect the great guardian of the Abbey was indeed an automaton such as Highbough reports to have seen in Ket by way of the magical Orb. The thing may have been covered in tar — or the illusion of tar, I frankly cannot be sure — but I would wager there was a skin of iron beneath, and a strange whirring mechanism behind its movements. It might be mere coincidence that the surrounds of Ket rumble with the plodding footsteps of these animated mechanical horrors ... or perhaps not."
[f=4]Morin the Fighter/Medium (MV 12", AC 7, HD 2-2, hp 8/8, FC Man+1, N) scimitar+lantern[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:16 am

danhem wrote:Ulric asks Desmond to purchase 3 more flasks of lantern oil and 2 flasks of firewater oil if the Quartermaster has them. He hands over 27 silver coins to cover the cost. He then returns to his chamber to continue studying his spell books.
Lantern oil is available (2sp per flask), but firewater is not--the elves try to avoid starting forest fires.

sully wrote:Dorgan will see if the Quartermaster will give him anything for his old Ring Mail. Otherwise, he's ready as he'll ever be for the next adventure.

Actually, he will look into acquiring a pipe and some tobacco from the Elves before leaving.
The Quartermaster will, dourly, deduct 2 sp from any other costs Dorgan has accrued in exchange for his soiled, smelly, dwarf-sized coat of rings. They don't get many dwarfs here, but perhaps the Quartermaster might make use of the individual rings as spare parts?

Oddly, the elves do not smoke, nor stock pipes or pipe weed. That is a craft of Men and Dwarfs.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:33 am

doctorx wrote:Josiane sees about purchasing herself a coat of light mail, if possible.
Ring mail is a padded gambeson with 1in diameter, overlapping, steel rings sewn all over it; it costs 10sp and is AC7. A mail hauberk will cost 35 sp and is AC6.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by Olroda » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:27 am

Beringar scoffs at the ridiculous notion of monsters being invulnerable to anything but silver. He thought elves were noble creatures, not cheap peddlers hawking their goods, but now... Pah!

While muttering things best left unsaid, he will make sure that all of his belongings are in order, and that he is fit to travel at any moment. He'll also help the other members of the Company with their arms, armour and other equipment.

Post by sully » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:01 pm

Before they leave, Dorgan will inquire with Gallaine as to any interest from the Elves in trading for some of the silver ore from below the Monastery. With the dwarves far away and the Men ejected from Ket, they would be our primary trading partners.
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by coffee » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:34 pm

Dieter will be happy to scrounge for a silvered sword, if one is to be had. We don't have time to have his silvered,it seems.

Also, he'd like some silver bullets for his sling, if he can find any. (And regular lead ones, at that...)
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Return to “Hinterlands”