04 - Ruin in the Moor

Mgtremaine's World of Tybor PBP

Moderator: mgtremaine

Post by CursedDice » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:18 pm

Re: 04 - Ruin in the Moor

doctorx wrote:Hagwen

Hagwen fits an arrow to her bow-string.

She takes another look at the goblin settlement and frowns.

"Keep 'alf 'an eye on yonder hut," she mutters darkly, indicating one particular ramshackle dwelling standing close to a pile of tumbled stones; "Summat I don't like about it - feels wrong."

She eyes potential targets.

"Spell first," she grunts; "No point wastin' arrers on 'em if they're snoozin' - that's wot the Gods gave us daggers for."

And she grins disturbingly...
Coln

This one has good sense! *pulls out crossbow and short sword*
"Role, not roll. People who can't accept that in D&D prove that, irl, they can't accept actually THINKING their way to a reward - they want everything to be fast and perfect. That's why real men play OD&D :p" -Me

Post by okruse » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:21 am

Phadian

Takes rock out of sling and puts in pocket, tucks sling into belt. Grabs staff firmly with both hands and stares grimly at huts. Say quietly to others -

"Can't be living in fear forever, time to prove myself!"

Post by mgtremaine » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:43 pm

With various nods, whispers and arm gestures the party gathers near the edge of the concealing grasses. Rik the porter and Mule are directed to wait a good distance away while the rest of you getting ready to launch the attack. Hagwen suggests that Alrik begins the attack with a magic, then the others open fire....

What happens next?
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by merias » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:58 pm

Alrik

"I can't deliver the enchantment unless the cowards come outside. Perhaps a flaming flask of oil thrown onto one of these huts would spur them to action?"

Alrik will cast color spray if he can see a group of goblins in the open, any less than four would be a waste, he surmises.
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Post by okruse » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:13 am

Phadian

"Oil is expensive"

Looks around for any small pebbles or sticks on the ground. Once I have a handful I give a good windup and throw them towards the nearest hut and retrieve my staff waiting to see the affect.

If that does not work to get their attention I retrieve sling stones from my pockets and start throwing them at the huts (throw, then settle down to see if there is any affect, repeat <will pick a different hut for each throw>).

Post by CursedDice » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:02 pm

merias wrote:Alrik

"I can't deliver the enchantment unless the cowards come outside. Perhaps a flaming flask of oil thrown onto one of these huts would spur them to action?"

Alrik will cast color spray if he can see a group of goblins in the open, any less than four would be a waste, he surmises.
Coln

"I like oil!" Without warning, he suddenly pulls out a match and a Molotov cocktail and prepares to ignite and throw it...
"Role, not roll. People who can't accept that in D&D prove that, irl, they can't accept actually THINKING their way to a reward - they want everything to be fast and perfect. That's why real men play OD&D :p" -Me

Post by mgtremaine » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:16 am

With whispers Alrik conveys his need to have a massed target for his magic. Phadian finds some pebbles and carefully throws a few to try and create a minor mystery the goblins might investigate. Just as he finishes he looks over and sees Coln light a strip of cloth with his tinder box, the strip starts to burn quickly and Coln throws the flaming projectile as far as he can into the crude village.

eAsp:roll 1d20
mgt's roll comes to 4 [4 on 1d20]

It's hard to say if he was aiming for a hut or not but the throw falls short and breaks into a flaming puddle about 50 feet away from you,

At that point the Goblins have noticed there are shrieks of alarm and goblins running from huts with spears in hand.

.....Round 1 next - gimme your orders if they are different then "I shoot the nearest goblin"
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by okruse » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:44 am

Phadian

I have my staff out, my intentions are to stay near Alrik and severely thrash any goblin that comes near him. Will reassess after the initial action.

Post by mgtremaine » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:51 pm

Goblin Hamlet Round 1:

Initative:
Party
eAsp:roll 1d6
mgt's roll comes to 2 [2 on 1d6]
Goblins
eAsp:roll 1d6
mgt's roll comes to 1 [1 on 1d6]

Phadian steps near Alrik and prepares to defend him. Meanwhile Coln, Hagwen and Rhegaer all open fire on the Goblins

mgt's roll comes to 14 [14 on 1d20] - Coln Hits
mgt's roll comes to 16 [16 on 1d20] - Hagwen Hits
mgt's roll comes to 4 [4 on 1d20] - Rhegaer Misses

eAsp:roll 2d6
mgt's roll comes to 6 [3 3 on 2d6]- two goblins take 3 damage each neither drops but both are badly hurt.

The wounded Goblins stumble forward a few more yards then hurl their spears back at their attackers. Another 3 charge pass them and 3 more come out of the huts.

Spears: eAsp:roll 2d20
mgt's roll comes to 6 [4 2 on 2d20] - Miss, Miss

3 Goblins closing... End of round 1

Post by ehiker133 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:01 pm

Rhegaer the Red

Rhegaer stows his bow and prepares for the oncoming goblins.

OOC: The description is thus, "Another 3 charge passed them". Does that mean they are actually charging? If so, Rhegaer will ready his shield and set his spear to receive the charge. Otherwise, he'll just ready spear and shield and make a normal attack. I guess the only difference is the mechanics in damage if they are charging and he has a set spear...
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Return to “Edge of the Western Sea”