01 - Market Day

Mgtremaine's World of Tybor PBP

Moderator: mgtremaine

Post by ehiker133 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:27 am

Re: 01 - Market Day

Rhegaer the Red

Rhegaer tucks his axe into his belt and eyes Phaidan suspiciously.

"Something tells me you all didn't come here to help me find out about my past... Appreciate the gesture, but there is no need to do that."
Last edited by ehiker133 on Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by merias » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:27 pm

Alrik

Alrik listens to Phadian and Rhegaer, then replies "I have no personal animus against chaos as Phadian most justifiably does, but I am always ready to embark on an adventure, and if that is what we seek, perhaps we can band together and explore the darker parts of this aisle?"
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Post by ehiker133 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:50 pm

Rhegaer the Red

"Aye," Rhegaer nods slowly, "I could use some coin. Whaddya have in mind?"
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by okruse » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:06 pm

Phadian

"Rhegaer, I am interested, but will respect your wishes regarding your axe, it is your mystery to explore as you desire. I was merely curious and interested, which is perhaps a failing of mine <looks sad for some reason>. Regarding a bit of adventure, count me in, if you would have me join you."

Post by merias » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:21 pm

Alrik

"Perhaps the source of Phadian's woes, the Forest of Ull, is a good place to start? I will defer to his judgement, being native to this aisle he is far better suited to lead."

"Know that I would like to hire a porter before we travel," Alrik pauses to look at his companions, "I am not as, shall we say, able-bodied as you all?"
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Post by ehiker133 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:55 pm

okruse wrote:Phadian

"Rhegaer, I am interested, but will respect your wishes regarding your axe, it is your mystery to explore as you desire. I was merely curious and interested, which is perhaps a failing of mine <looks sad for some reason>. Regarding a bit of adventure, count me in, if you would have me join you."
| No offense meant, okruse. Just playing to the character. Don't think Rhegaer is that quick to trust others. |

Rhegaer the Red

"Tell us more about this Forest of Ull, Phadian," Rhegaer replies. "What is the chaos that killed your father?"

Post by CursedDice » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:04 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
Rhegaer the Red

"Tell us more about this Forest of Ull, Phadian," Rhegaer replies. "What is the chaos that killed your father?"
Coln

Well, I've heard that there are foul undead in that forest - not a good place to be, especially not for trapping... I've also heard tell of some sort of ruins in that forest, but I've never actually seem them.
"Role, not roll. People who can't accept that in D&D prove that, irl, they can't accept actually THINKING their way to a reward - they want everything to be fast and perfect. That's why real men play OD&D :p" -Me

Post by CursedDice » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:14 pm

Coln

Anyone paying attention would probably notice Coln slipping food to his dog, whispering something about people and their strange axes to him...
"Role, not roll. People who can't accept that in D&D prove that, irl, they can't accept actually THINKING their way to a reward - they want everything to be fast and perfect. That's why real men play OD&D :p" -Me

Post by okruse » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:48 am

Phadian

"When I was a kid I often avoided chores by wandering off into the Forest of Ull, but I always made sure I returned before nightfall. I have fond memories of exploring the forest, that is where I gathered the sturdy branch I turned into this <points at his staff>. When I was 12 I got lost and found myself lost in the forest at night. I was wandering for some time when I heard my dad calling for me, then a scream, and then deathly silence. I ran to where his voice came from and found him a pale whitish/blue. I could not revive him. I do not remember much of what followed, I was quite in shock. Somehow I made my way home and later there was a funeral. I do not think I was in position of my full faculties for quite a while. I never found out what killed my dad, but I am sure some force of chaos. I know not of these ruins you mention, but perhaps they are the source of the chaos which killed my dad."

Post by CursedDice » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:34 pm

okruse wrote:Phadian

I never found out what killed my dad, but I am sure some force of chaos. I know not of these ruins you mention, but perhaps they are the source of the chaos which killed my dad."
Coln

Or the zombies. Either way, ya might want to think before heading on out there...

Return to “Edge of the Western Sea”