OOC Banter

Waysoftheearth's V1 Demo Game

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:28 pm

OOC Banter

waysoftheearth wrote:
Regarding poor Dishmab's mail armour...
mgtremaine wrote:OOC: I'm assuming it's dwarf sized and can not be used by an Elf.... If that is NOT the case then Tirandir would certainly put it on. Otherwise i assume Jaras might be able to use it???
Yes it is dwarf-sized, but (because it is mail) I'll still anyone else to wear it. It may not be an "ideal" fit but it still provides adequate protection.

Regarding inheritance, all PCs are allowed to declare an heir, and all their worldly goods (less a 10% fee which goes to the state or he who returns the goods) are the rightful property of the heir.

Thus, Dishmab and Firas' equipment "rightfully" belongs to their next of kin.

However, chaotic characters would happily loot this stuff. Neutrals would happily "borrow" it until the rightful heir showed up, and lawfuls would insist upon returning it to the heir without any meddling.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:04 am

OOC Banter

mgtremaine wrote:
Noted... Updated my character sheet with the mail and the shortsword. I'd probably give the stuff back to the heirs also, I'm chaotic but somewhat accommodating. [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]

-Mike
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:21 am

OOC Banter

TheLeadershipGeek (SMKSensei) wrote:
Jaras wouldn't be interested in the additional weight. (now some good hobbit-sized and light elven armour would be lovely)
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:14 am

OOC Banter

Zenopus wrote:
Simon: What are the ranges in your game for thrown weapons. Specifically, flaming oil. Or do we need to learn by trying? [img]images/smiley/wink.png[/img]

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:05 am

OOC Banter

waysoftheearth wrote:
Zenopus wrote:Simon: What are the ranges in your game for thrown weapons. Specifically, flaming oil. Or do we need to learn by trying? [img]images/smiley/wink.png[/img]
DD doesn't specify missile ranges, and nor do they ordinarily matter underground, because dungeon rooms and passages are typically so much smaller than realistic missile ranges.

In the case of hurled oil flasks it might matter, though the ceiling height is likely to be the critical constraint. Let us assume the ceiling height here is 20ft, and that ranges for axes, flasks, and other awkward missiles would be 10ft, 20ft, and 30ft for short, medium and long range respectively.

However, DD does comment that all hurled missiles are considered to be at medium range. Therefore there is only one range category for an oil flask which is medium, up to 30ft.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:06 pm

OOC Banter

waysoftheearth wrote:
Sorry Cameron... the dice fell ill for Dramorian [img]images/smiley/undecided.png[/img] but at least he took one with him!

Post by mgtremaine » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:37 pm

OOC Banter

mgtremaine wrote:
Argh [img]images/smiley/sad.png[/img], and Jaras hangs in the balance....

Seems we are running out of fighters very quickly... Poor Dram 9hp and guard dog and still he goes down in the second room.

I should have titled my action Tirandir last stand [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img], I hope it works out but it seems to me tactically if we do not down those last 2 lizardmen now we risk having to deal with the 4 sleepers which it really seems we lack the power to do at this point. So I'm going all in despite my reservations.

-Mike
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:48 pm

OOC Banter

waysoftheearth wrote:
Yeah, Dram was unlucky to take that big hit in the first room... but them's the breaks.

FWIW -- I don't think Tirandir is at much immediate risk, especially not if he continues his strategy of scampering away and shooting.

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:05 am

OOC Banter

Cameron DuBeers wrote:
Better to burn brightly and go out than to fade away ...

Avenge me!

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:39 am

OOC Banter

waysoftheearth wrote:
Apologies for the slow weekend people, I had a family do.

The action will resume imminently...

Return to “Delving Deeper V1 Demo 2012”