Super gaming tables

Everything that doesn't belong elsewhere

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:55 am

Super gaming tables

These guys are building super gaming tables!

http://geekchichq.com/the-sultan-gaming-table.html
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by finarvyn » Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:03 pm

Re: Super gaming tables

My wife ordered a 4 foot by 8 foot gaming table for me a couple of years ago from Hammer. He's mostly a one-man operation and I think he got hit hard by the Covid thing and we still haven't gotten the thing. :( I met the guy at GaryCon and he delighted in showing me his demo and reminding me that my wife still needed to pick the stain color and any extras. Seemed like a nice enough guy, even though he's so slow.

What does worry me a little is that the table is designed to have space for your knees, then space for a good-sized drawer, then finally the top. When I sat in a regular folding chair the table top was nearly at my shoulder height, so we'll need to buy bar stools or something like that. Also, 4'x8' is really big and I wonder if it will even fit in our dining room or if we will have to put it in the basement.

Assuming it arrives at some point, that is. ;)
Marv / Finarvyn
OD&D Player since 1975
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson

Post by mgtremaine » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:06 pm

Re: Super gaming tables

finarvyn wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:03 pm

What does worry me a little is that the table is designed to have space for your knees, then space for a good-sized drawer, then finally the top. When I sat in a regular folding chair the table top was nearly at my shoulder height,
That's a tall table! :shock:

-Mike
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Return to “Other Chat”