Ran into a high school buddy today

Everything that doesn't belong elsewhere

Post by Merctime » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:22 am

Ran into a high school buddy today

And gave him one of my PoD Delving Deeper copies :D

We used to game alot when we were kids, over 20 years ago. Ran into him by chance today. Talked for like 2 hours about 'the good old days', and I told him about my favorite game and what a 'retro clone' is. He had no idea what Delving Deeper, or say Astonishing Swordsmen and Sorcerors of Hyperborea were. Now he does.

Now he'd like to try them with me.

Looking forward to it! I'm going to try, in the next month or so (he's about an hour and a half from me) to arrange a game with him and some people he knows. They still game some; Lots of 'older' games as well as 3.5 (which I detest; He says it's 'ok' but he likes the TSR D&D better). I'm hoping that DD will be a smash, and that the old style of play will be loved by all. We shall see.

Going to email them all Philotomy's Musings and have some further discussion (we covered alot tonight, though) just as a primer to help understand why some of the 'AD&D-isms' aren't found in the DD copy I gave him.

I'll let you guys know how it goes :)

Fight On!

((posted over at OD&D proboards, too))

Post by sully » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:04 am

Re: Ran into a high school buddy today

Nice work, Merc!
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Return to “Other Chat”