Welcome

Everything that doesn't belong elsewhere

Post by Merctime » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:36 pm

Re: Welcome

Hi everyone, I joined last week or so but I am an incorrigible lurker, heh. Joined up for a couple of reasons: Firstly, to track the progress of the newest edition of DD, the Reliquary. Secondly, to read some of the fantastic PBP action here.

For myself, I used to play (mostly DM) D&D when I was younger, way more than I should have perhaps (haha. Sound familiar? ;) ). In those days, it was mostly B/X (of any variety I had at the time, including Holmes for a bit); Then it was off to AD&D and even 2nd Edition (which I no longer really like). This was close to 20 years ago, or thereabouts.

Now, as I get older, I yearn for the feel and style of play of the original 1974 rules, and considering this, I sure wish I had heard of DD earlier than I did! But, better late than never as they say, and with the new edition on the horizon, it may be the best time ever to have heard of this game. I am greatly looking forward to it.

Having a bit of fun trying to learn my way around LibreOffice to create my own draft with artwork I find online and a smattering of my own houserules* typed in, also, that I plan to send off to Lulu to create a personalized copy for myself also.

*And by this, of course I mean, "my own houserules liberally stolen I mean 'politely borrowed' for personal consumption from those more wise and proficient with the workings of the game than myself".

My great thanks to Mr. Dubeers and Mr. Bull for the wonderful, hard work they have produced here that has brought a style of play, and the wonderfully crafted documentation for such, to a man who may never have been exposed to them due to being born a few years too late :) THANK YOU both!

Happy gaming folks... "Merctime" (Tim)

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:43 pm

Welcome Merctime,

Glad to hear you're enjoying DD ;) There's good times ahead for sure!
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by aesdana » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:09 pm

Hi, everyone. I'm here for several reasons :
- First, Delving Deeper is a work of love shared freely with others (and for almost nothing for the paper version). That's a really big thing : thanks to waysoftheearth ! :D
- Second, DD is a game I'm about to play with my wife and children (a fairy tale version, not too violent),
- Third, I wished to contribute in a small way : see you soon on the DD software board.

Post by ehiker133 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:21 am

Welcome to the forum!

Cheers,

E
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:08 am

Welcome Aesdana, hope you enjoy your stay :)
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by joseph » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:49 pm

Hello all!
I joined the forum a while ago but have not really posted until recently. I can be found on ODD74 and the ASSH forums as joseph, and on Dragonsfoot and other places as the_ronin.

I have been gaming since 1986. I do freelance cartography and writing as well, with my first project Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess upcoming from North Wind Adventures. Currently working on some Japanese classes for DD/0E games.
ravengodgames.blogspot.com
Freelance writing and cartography
Author: Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess for AS&SH

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon May 04, 2015 11:15 pm

Welcome Joseph, great to have you along :)

Post by Makofan » Tue May 05, 2015 3:04 pm

I guess I should say "hi!". I am an old SPI hex-and-chit and WRG Ancients wargamer, who just loves creating dungeons and running them. I could be happy never leaving the dungeons - who needs wilderness?

Post by sully » Wed May 06, 2015 12:33 am

Welcome, Makofan!
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by rredmond » Mon May 20, 2019 2:33 pm

A friend, Alethan, recommended checking this place out.
So howdy!! Always good to see some familiar names. :)
Be well,
--Ron--
[f=47]Noh’won the Wiser[/f]
Kiplyn: ...no closer to pancakes and rest!
[f=59]Garamon [Hardy Hero, MV 9′′, AC 4, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L][/f]
Wraislin: arcane fire spewing from his fingertips and reaping barbeque death!

Return to “Other Chat”