Interest in a Carcosa game?

Promote your new PBP game here

Post by ehiker133 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:10 pm

Interest in a Carcosa game?

There is a guy on another forum who wants to run a Carcosa game (and it isn't Mushgnome).

His guidelines:
Geoffrey McKinnon-LotFP rules
3 players maximum
No silly
Slower post rate (might vary from 2x/week to 4x/month, depending on the week)

So far, the only person to show interest is me, so we need two more players. Thought I'd check here to see if anyone wanted to give it a try. It matters not to me on what forum the game takes place, so I could probably convince him to see if WOTE would host it on Immersive Ink (assuming that is also cool with WOTE) instead of on the Unseen Servant.

Respond if anyone is interested and we'll work out the details.

Cheers,
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by sully » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:13 am

Re: Any interest in a Carcosa game?

These guys might want to play...

Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:23 am

The three player maximum is a curious stipulation--particularly in a setting that is supposedly more deadly than regular OD&D. Still, good luck to them I say!

They'd be welcome to run it here, of course, although I don't know that that would any better than, say, Unseen Servant or any other host (unless it's specifically because of some of the custom tags here?).
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:45 am

waysoftheearth wrote:The three player maximum is a curious stipulation--particularly in a setting that is supposedly more deadly than regular OD&D. Still, good luck to them I say!

They'd be welcome to run it here, of course, although I don't know that that would any better than, say, Unseen Servant or any other host (unless it's specifically because of some of the custom tags here?).
I think he was just using USS because he is in a few games there. He isn't opposed to running it here if other players from II would rather not use a different forum.
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by Blackrazor » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:31 am

Re: Interest in a Carcosa game?

Hello all. I am the guy attempting to run the Carcosa game. I chose a small number of players on order to make it easy on me as I get my feet wet again as a GM. As I regain my confidence, I would have no issue adding more interested players.

At this time the game is sadly vapor as there is little interest from players save Alethan from UnseenServant. The lack of interest I believe is because of my posting rate and lack of reliability and not the setting itself. I stated so much on the forums there.

If one or two more folks join, then the ball can get rolling.

A few quick things about how things would begin and roll. Characters would ideally be native Carcosans and all of the same racial color, and all dice rolls would be made by real dice - players and the GM - hoping folks would not cheat.

Thanks for reading this. Maybe, we can explore my Carcosa together.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:10 am

Welcome Blackrazor ;)

I do believe that Merctime (a member here and also on odd74) is looking for another game to join...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by Blackrazor » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:31 am

Thanks Waysoftheearth for the welcome. I hope I have not stepped on any toes. Moreover, thanks or the heads up. Maybe Merctime will bite.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:48 am

No problem ;)

You could always PM Merctime too.

Post by Merctime » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:22 am

Hmm... Now here's something interesting... I've never tried Carcosa. Uh, just a quick FYI, I don't look like either of the chaps posted above ;)

However, Blackrazor, I would probably be interested in playing in your game if you don't mind teaching a newbie. I've never played it before, and in fact, I'm very new at PbP games. Not so new to D&D in it's various forms (check out the welcome posts I made here if you like). If you'd prefer 'old hats' for a more smooth gaming experience, no hard feelings, bro :D

I'm currently in two OD&D PbP's over at Fin's boards, that I barely began a couple of weeks ago (both being my first foray into PbP), but I definitely have time for another game. If I play in yours, I think that will be my maximum at one time.

Probably the only real thing holding me back is the post frequency. I work, too, and know how busy things can be. But I would normally be looking for something that's much faster than this game. I don't mean any offense by this!

Also, I am a bit silly when I am actually RPing if it fits the character, as I'm kind of a goof in real life (so it's not a stretch or anything :P ). BUT. You call no silly, and I can totally refrain from this and game just as serious as anyone, of course.

I'm not sure. There's alot of If's with the fact that I'm new to PbP, Carcosa in general, and the post speed. Admittedly, I am intrigued, though...

Post by Blackrazor » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:51 am

Carcosa is a setting created by Geoffrey McKinnon for OD&D. If you know basic D&D, you will not be out of your comfort zone rules wise. Lamentations of the Flame Princess is a retro clone of OD&D and a free download from RPGNow.com. I will have house rules and hacks, but it is D&D rest assured.

Carcosa as a setting can run the gamut from gonzo gamma world on crack to Lovecraft dark horror with lasers, dinosaurs, aliens, mi go, and human sacrifice. I dialed down the Gonzo dial from it's home at 13 to a 7. If you do decide to play, I will hold you to the no silly you promised.

Greenfield is running a Carcosa SotU game over on the OD&D boards and/or go read Mushgnome's, now finshed, Chainmail game there as well in the Carcosa forum.

I can't solve the posting rate issue, it is what it is sadly, but I am up front about it so as to not lure people in with false promises.

You want in, there is a spot at the table. If you don't, I certainly understand.

Oh sorry I did not reply to your PM - I am not allowed to as of yet. Have to post more to earn it here.
To answer your question though, no I am not the B/X Blackrazor guy. I do like his stuff. I guess we both share a love for cheesy Stormbringer/Mournblade rip offs :)

Look forward to your reply.

Return to “New PBP Games”