(007) The First Night


Waysoftheearth's Moria PBP

User avatar

Posts: 16508

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:07 am

(007) The First Night

waysoftheearth wrote:
I shall assume that Legandir, Elindir, and Dernfara of Westfold will use their healing craft upon the most sorely injured of the company; these being Norin, Eohild, and Baraglin Banks.

Aromatic healing herbs are crushed into hot water, and arcane pastes and pulps concocted as night descends. Each healer attends to one patient while the fit Dwarves sup heartily upon the ale and talk of what success awaits them in the Mines on the morrow...

Meanwhile Soval and his Men huddle together away from the main camp and talk the grim talk of mercenary fighting-Men who have lost comrades. And expect to lose more before all is done here.

...all the healing is done.

Legandir has Laid on Hands on Baraglin Banks for (1d6=4) 7 hit points.

Elindir has Laid on Hands on Norin for (1d6=5) 9 hit points.

Dernfara has Laid on Hands on Eohild for (1d6=5) 9 hit points. In fact, Dernfara had none of the essential healing herbs in his own supplies, so he has used some of those carried by Eohild herself.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16508

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:20 am

(007) The First Night

waysoftheearth wrote:
After all the healing of hurts has taken place, the injury tally is thus:

Sili -6 of 20 hp,
Vestri -6 of 8 hp,
Eremin Sulk -6 of 12 hp,
Dernfara -5 of 14 hp,
Soval -4 of 18 hp,
Nat Pickthorn -4 of 8 hp,
Norin -1 of 14 hp,
Eohild -1 of 14 hp,
Baraglin Banks -1 of 14 hp.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16508

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:21 am

(007) The First Night

waysoftheearth wrote:
Now Legandir and Soval have volunteered for the first watch, Eremin, Lomeluin and Dernfara have all volunteered for the moon watch, while Sili and Largo have the dawn watch.

This being the case, they will not get a full night's rest, and thus will not recover 1d6 hit points due to recuperation. Or course, if there happens to be any commotion during the night nobody will get this recuperation in any case.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16508

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:28 am

(007) The First Night

waysoftheearth wrote:
With the night drawing on, the company one by one shed their bulky armour and hardy weapon belts and find their bedrolls. Then, in as sheltered a spot as they can find, they doze off while the wind chugs and blows about them.

Only Legandir and Soval remain watchful, their great cloaks pulled tight about them to ward off the bitter cold wind.

The half-Elf and fighting-Man are both well accustomed to life on the road, and a night watch is nothing new to them. Soval positions himself nearer the entrance to the Mines, while Legandir talkes up a roost overlooking the great stair and the valley of Siranon...

(1d6)
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16508

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:30 am

(007) The First Night

waysoftheearth wrote:
From time to time Soval fancies he sees a glimmer of a moon-light reflection off Celglin's eye, but the Half-Elvish seer gives no other sign of being alert.

Legandir, meanwhile, listens to the distant howls of wolves in the valley below, to the cold wind bustling, and to the trickling waters of the Siranon as they continue to spill over the mountain stair.

All appears to be passing well.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16508

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:32 am

(007) The First Night

waysoftheearth wrote:
Or does it?

Soval is beginning to think his watch must just about be done, when...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16508

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:42 pm

(007) The First Night

calithena wrote:
...the warrior's eyes twitch back and forth, as his hand strays to his blade's hilt... [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16508

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:25 pm

(007) The First Night

waysoftheearth wrote:
Soval's instincts serve him well.

Not a moment after his hand closes over the hilt of his sword, the shadows come alive!

(Surprise round...)

Soval's heart jumps as the sounds of the night are jarred by sudden squeals as he is unknowing beset by blackest enemy. Man-sized figures lurch at him, and he scarcely catches the glimmer deadly blades as they descend (3d20=20!, 5, 8).

Two of the attacks are turned upon his stout mail, but alas one of them strikes deep and true (4dd=3,4,4,4) for a grievous 12 hit points. The Orc breathes its foul breath right in his face as it leans on the blade driven into his breast.

Soval cries out as he flings the Orc off him by his last strength, its wicked knife still in him (Soval is reduced to 2 of 18 hit points).

Too late he espies that dozens of the Orcs are clambering down the mountain face into the valley!
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16508

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:28 pm

(007) The First Night

waysoftheearth wrote:
The surprise round is spent.

Soval is faced immediately by three Orcs, and there might be a dozen or more of them crawling upon the mountain side.


Alf the guard dog gives a growl. Legandir and Soval are alert. The remainder of the camp sleeps nervously...

What to do?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16508

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:45 pm

(007) The First Night

tonneau wrote:
"Awake! awake! orcs are upon us!" hisses Legandir, and fires a ready arrow at the orcs poised over Soval.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Moria

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software