(007) The First Night


Waysoftheearth's Moria PBP

User avatar

Posts: 1402

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:14 pm

(007) The First Night

mgtremaine wrote:
After enough time has passed for Baraglin to calm his nerves with a spot of tea and biscuit or three, he would feel curious enough and almost compelled to start searching bodies. But he doesn't just do start searching bodies he approaches it almost like a store keeper taking inventory. He would mark out piles for weapons, armor, trinkets and cash. One area for the Orcs one area for the fallen hirelings and party members.

"Alright like grandpa always said these fields aren't going to plow themselves. Let's just take a look at what we need to dispose of. I can't abide the thought of leaving Orc weapons about for them to come and find. I'm starting several piles if anyone wants to help. Not sure what to do with the stuff from our fallen friends, I'll put that stuff separate incase family members need to be contacted."

So the little hobbit would start stripping Orcs first with out a hint of discomfort, it's all business now.

-Mike
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Fighter (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 5/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16137

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:46 pm

(007) The First Night

doctorx wrote:
Lmluin stands over the body of his fallen warrior Telthalion, even in death still locked in combat with the hideous foe. The expression on the Elf Captain's face is hard to read - a mixture of grief, anger and puzzlement perhaps, combined with a certain weariness and that strange Elvish aloofness. The more martial among the company may be of the impression that this is a scene he has looked upon more than once over the years, and more times than he cares to.

He sees Baraglin Banks beginning to rifle the bodies of the fallen. A cold gleam appears in his eye.

"I shall attend to the needs of my kinsman, Master Banks," he says quietly; "You will touch nothing that was his. No-one shall."

He turns his pale gaze full upon the Hobbit.

"I trust we understand each other?"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1402

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:53 pm

(007) The First Night

mgtremaine wrote:
OC: Baraglin is do more then rifling he's basically stripping'em, I'd imagine it's pretty gross work. [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]

"Of course, of course good Sir Elf. I will not disturb your friends rest. I know everyone has different customs and I appreciate being told. I want to make sure these arms and armor and never used against us again. Now if I can just get this strap." Baraglin works on the next Orc get the foul beast out of his armor.

-Mike
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Fighter (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 5/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16137

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:12 pm

(007) The First Night

mushgnome wrote:
Sili is slowly coming to grips with the situation. "They killed my DOG!!!" He wanders the battlefield seeing with his own eyes who is alive and who is dead. If any orcs yet live he will torture them viciously.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16137

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:27 pm

(007) The First Night

doctorx wrote:
Lmluin notes Sili's grief for his fallen hound. His estimation of this valiant Dwarf (already high by Elf standards) rises higher still.

"I grieve for your loss, my friend. Alf was a brave and loyal animal. His spirit will be honoured in the pack of his ancestors."

He takes a moment to kneel by the slain dog and whisper a prayer in the Nandorin tongue, then slips away to try and round up the remainder of the company's scattered animals.

Should Sili find orcs to torture his grim lips take on a disturbing smile at the sound of their screams...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16137

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:26 pm

(007) The First Night

crusssdaddy wrote:
Arbenbard: "Graverobbers assemble to the left, torturers to the right - let's arrange the imbecilic in an orderly fashion. Perhaps the dead dog can arbitrate any disputes between the two.

"Nothing has been learned from our twin disasters, we lack only a noisy broken cart to push around to rouse our own doom. Can someone among this rabble of children lead us back to civilization? If so, let us waste no more time and hastily depart. Let the military geniuses who allowed us to sleep in an undefended camp, in the shadow of the enemy, carry what our now dead horses cannot."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16137

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:52 pm

(007) The First Night

doctorx wrote:
Andn clears its sheath once more with a soft ringing sound. Lmluin stands, contemplating Arbenbard with a cold, cold stare.

"Lower your voice and change your tone, Man," he says very softly...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16137

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:28 pm

(007) The First Night

tonneau wrote:
"Let me remind you that you were one of those "military geniuses'" says Legandir, stepping silently up beside Lmluin and adding his cold eyes to those of his kinsman.

He places a gentle hand on the wrist of the elf, staying his blade, "Enough blood has been shed for one day my friend, permit this fool his tantrum", he adds quietly in Sindarin.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16137

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:52 pm

(007) The First Night

coffee wrote:
Was there an orc leader who escaped?

Because if there was, the ghost of Eremin Sulk would like to haunt his ass for eternity...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16137

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:53 pm

(007) The First Night

mushgnome wrote:
"My kin, slaughtered in their pajamas on another's watch!" Sili is spitting mad. "A Dwarf would not have been ambushed so easily!"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Moria

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software