(007) The First Night


Waysoftheearth's Moria PBP

User avatar

Posts: 16439

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:32 pm

(007) The First Night

mushgnome wrote:
WOOF!

Sili wakes with a start and ducks behind a rock with his crossbow. His intention is to take cover and pick off the orcs as they are climbing down the wall and presumably less able to dodge the bolts. However I believe it will take him a round to load it, correct? If so, then Alf will cover him while he loads.

I imagine his three hirelings are scrambling to get away from the orcs. They are non-combatants except to defend themselves.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16439

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:42 am

(007) The First Night

sulldawga wrote:
Largo wakes with a start, and clambers to his feet just barely conscious.

"Is this a dream? I can't see anythi... Oh dear me."

The hobbit spins back and forth, looking for his sling, until he finally realizes it's been in his hand the entire time. Grumbling to himself, he'll load up a stone and fling it at the closest orc.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16439

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:36 am

(007) The First Night

crusssdaddy wrote:
Arbenbard scampers for cover.

"Nat?!?!? you know what to do...!"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16439

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:07 am

(007) The First Night

coffee wrote:
"But we killed the orcs," Eremin Sulk mutters to himself, turning over in his bedroll.

Then realization hits with the continued sounds of battle. His eyes snap open, and he rolls to his feet. already reaching for his short but true sword.

He stays low, surveying the situation with his keen night vision.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16439

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:18 am

(007) The First Night

doctorx wrote:
Shouts and the sounds of battle draw Lmluin back from the far-off realms in which his dreams have been wandering. In an instant he is on his feet, bow in hand.

In Sindarin: "Telthalion! The ones on the wall! Bring them down!"

In Westron: "Frewine! Look to Rohemnet and the other animals! Orcs prize horse-flesh as well as Man's!"

He moves swiftly to protect the wounded Eohild and Norin, sending fair, deadly Elvish arrows flying at any Orc foolish enough to present him with a clear target. If no such target is available he will draw sword and shield, ready to move to assist Soval if his wounded charges are not imperilled.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16439

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:04 pm

(007) The First Night

ragnorakk wrote:
Celglin will take any opportunity that might arise to strike with his dagger from the darkness near the gate.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16439

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:40 pm

(007) The First Night

calithena wrote:
"To arms! To arms!" cries Soval. Though sorely wounded, he gives battle back with blade and shield, trying to buy time for his comrades to rise and join the fight.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16439

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:32 am

(007) The First Night

heartless wrote:
‰ohild if possible gets up and tests her strength for a fight. If able she will grap her sword and sheild (spare one) in her hands ready to defend against the orc attack.
"Will we ever rid this land of evil", speaks ‰ohild in anger at the approaching orcs.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16439

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:24 am

(007) The First Night

waysoftheearth wrote:
Initiative is rolled (1d6; Soval=5,1, Legandir=5+1, Orcs=5).

Soval and Legandir and the barking of Alf alert the slumbering company as many Orcs descend into the valley.

Legandir lets fly a fair shaft of Rivendell form his longbow in lightning swift movement (1d20=19) as he spring up and it flies flat and true for (2dd=3,3) 7 hit points, punching right through an Orc neck and flinging it backward into shadow by the force.

Soval, meanwhile, is sorely beset by the villainous three sneaks and hard pressed to regain his presence after suffering the assassin's wound. Yet though the Orcs close hungrily, and though he might stagger, Soval roars his warning aloud, and dashes at the foe clumsily with shield and sword alike (1d20; Soval=17, Orcs=12,13,7, Soval's 2nd attack=13), fending off their wicked blades with pure determination, and suffering many hard dings upon his mail, but they cannot pierce him! Indeed, Orc Slayer knows his foe and cleaves shield and mail and skull with his keen blade (2dd=5,4 and 5,5) dealing 8 and 13 hit points.

Two of the foe are eviscerated by his terrible blows, but alas, where one Orc falls two more clamour to face him!

The remainder of the company wake with a start and tumble blearily from their bedrolls, grasping frantically at weapons.

(Excepting those who were on watch, nobody is wearing a helm or carrying a shield. Of those who were asleep, they may have been sleeping in gambeson, leather or Elvish mail only. Those who regularly wear heavier armour are wearing only the gambeson undercoat (AC 8) as they sleep).

The camp is about to be over-run by scores of Orcs!

If there are no changes to the previous orders I will take them as your actions for the upcoming round... if you wish to change them you may. Legandir and Soval, what is your wish?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16439

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:24 am

(007) The First Night

tonneau wrote:
Legandir shoulders his bow and Morfil rings true from its sheath, a shining blue needle in the eyes of orcs.

"For doom!" he hisses in Sindarin, and sprints to the aid of the beset Soval.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Moria

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software