(007) The First Night


Waysoftheearth's Moria PBP

User avatar

Posts: 16340

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:46 am

(007) The First Night

waysoftheearth wrote:
The battle of Hollin Gate is won!

But at what cost?

All of a sudden the ringing, clashing and shouting ceases, and the company are left gasping for breath, reeling, and aching from many hurts. There are many among you with grievous wounds, and most of those will not live to see the sun rise.

The Orcs are scattered into the night, and judging by the piled heaps of their corpses, they will not soon return...


What do you want to do in the immediately aftermath of the battle..?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16340

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:55 am

(007) The First Night

waysoftheearth wrote:
Eremin Sulk and Elindir of Rivendell will now roll saving throws versus death to determine whether they will survive their mortal injuries...

Eremin's regular save (4th level sneak with 14 wisdom) is 11+.
Elindir's regular save (3rd level bard with 16 wisdom) is 12+.

However, Eremin went to -4 hit points, and Elindir went to -1 hit point. These adjustments will be applied to their saves, so Eremin requires an unmodified roll of 15+ to live. Elindir requires an unmodified roll of 13+ to live.

(Drum roll... drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rhop!)

Eremin; 1d20=11!

Elindir; 1d20=14!

Alas, Eremin has passed from this world. But Elindir might still have a hope of survival...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16340

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:24 am

(007) The First Night

tonneau wrote:
Legandir watches the last of the yrch flee into the darkness, and lingers there for several moments longer, pondering something.

Returning to the present, he wipes black blood from the now dulling Morfil before returning it to its sheath.

He then moves to Elindir to see what he can do to ease his kinsman back from the brink of the otherworld.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16340

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:04 am

(007) The First Night

rleduc wrote:
"By Durin's beard, that was a bloody fray," Hrok curses. He wonders how long until the dawn?

He renders immediate aid to the wounded to the best of his ability, then will retrieve his armor and other weapons in case of a counter-attack.

Finally, realizing the corpses must be disposed of to avoid attracting scavengers, he begins to pile wood for a pyre and gather Orc bodies, searching each for any useful clues, although not expecting valuables to be found. The bodies of fallen comrades will also require attention; he will see to Dwarves first, knowing the customs of his own kind, then assist others as needed.

The expedition so far has cone at a terrible price. Hrok wonders if further supply of goods and men at arms will be had at any price, or whether this expedition to reclaim Moria has failed as all others before. Treasure has been scarce relative to lives lost.

"If we are to continue, we'll need at least a palisade; or better yet, good Dwarven earthworks!". His mind turns to how to construct defenses as he gathers the bodies of the fallen.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1476

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:33 pm

(007) The First Night

mgtremaine wrote:
As soon as the action stops Baraglin would start to develop a slight shake that would increase until he lurches off to the side throws up. He's cold, tired, hungry, wounded, and crashing from adrenalin. His bluster is gone and he really is no help for a while as he frets over his wound and wonders out loud if it is going to get worse or not. About the only thing he does is ask is, if the any of the dead Dwarves leather armor would fit him.

"How stupid of me to come under dressed into the hellish nightmare. I need some armor if I'm are going to face assassination attempt everytime I try and sleep. Now where in all the wreakage is the teapot! Curse to filthy orcs."

When enough time has passed he would at least check to see if ladybird has survived and if there is any way to build up the fire and heat up something to eat and drink. He would offer to Largo to join him and have a midnight snack, just to keep our hobbit strength up ofcourse.

-Mike
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Veteran (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 2+1, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16340

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:05 pm

(007) The First Night

mushgnome wrote:
Sili checks if any of the fallen orcs are still alive, so he can extract some answers (by any means necessary).
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16340

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:34 pm

(007) The First Night

doctorx wrote:
Lmluin makes haste to tend to the fallen. He stoops momentarily by Eremin Sulk, then steps away, a grim expression on his face. He then moves to Elindir but, seeing Legandir has matters well in hand, turns his attentions instead to ‰ohild and Norin, ensuring they have suffered no further ill-effects from the trials of the battle and building up the fire as best he may to keep them warm.

After this he sets forth in search of the company's fled animals, speaking to any he can find in the soothing words of the Nandor and endeavouring to lead them back to the campsite.

If he has time after that, he prowls among the fallen Orcs, dagger in hand, a pale light in his eyes. If Sili wishes to talk to the wounded foe, best he do so swiftly...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16340

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:17 am

(007) The First Night

sulldawga wrote:
Largo drops to the ground where he stands, literally too exhausted to find a safer or more comfortable position. From time to time his mouth begins to move, as if he's about to say something, but no words come out. He stares dully into the darkness...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16340

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:29 pm

(007) The First Night

doctorx wrote:
Lmluin will take the opportunity to examine a few Orcish weapons as he prowls amongst the slain enemy, alert for any sign or scent of Gorfang or similar wickedness.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16340

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:51 pm

(007) The First Night

calithena wrote:
Soval stands tall, keeping watch as the remnants of their band reassemble. "Victory is ours," he murmurs, "yet we shall not survive another assault like that tonight."

Whenever conversation of the next move begins, Soval will offer his views. "There is something to be said for returning to more civilized lands even now," he says, "given our grievous condition. Yet if we could heal well and quickly enough, one more foray into the mines with our whole band might yield something of what we seek. We cannot rest here unless some old blessed grove or the like makes itself known. To ape the feat of Hrin night upon night is more than we can hope for."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Moria

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software