(007) The First Night


Waysoftheearth's Moria PBP

User avatar

Posts: 16137

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:02 am

(007) The First Night

crusssdaddy wrote:
Arbenbard: "Am I of the military? Is there a sword at my side and armor draped from my shoulders? The keen-eyed Elves have all sailed West it seems. Need you one of my candles to see clearly that I am a Man of letters?

"Tend your dead, Elf kin, and be quick about it so we may leave. Consider their deaths to have been in vain and by your hand. I have great love for your kin who have departed these shores, but those left behind are a sad shadow that I would be rid of sooner rather than later."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16137

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:29 am

(007) The First Night

rleduc wrote:
"Leave your quarrel, Master Elf," Hrok replies. "We have enough bitterness here without adding to it. Besides, we have seen the Man to be an expert in fleeing the field of battle. Perhaps we should defer to his expertise in this area."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16137

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:03 pm

(007) The First Night

doctorx wrote:
crusssdaddy wrote:Arbenbard: "Am I of the military? Is there a sword at my side and armor draped from my shoulders? The keen-eyed Elves have all sailed West it seems. Need you one of my candles to see clearly that I am a Man of letters?

"Tend your dead, Elf kin, and be quick about it so we may leave. Consider their deaths to have been in vain and by your hand. I have great love for your kin who have departed these shores, but those left behind are a sad shadow that I would be rid of sooner rather than later."


"Be thankful you carry no sword," says Lmluin in his softest, coldest tones; "If you did, you would be dead by now."

He turns his back on the fuming seer and returns to the task of rounding up the animals.

To Legandir in Sindarin: "I say leave this coward to make his own way back to Edhil. Let us see how well his learning serves him alone in the night when the wargs have his scent..."

(O.O.C: No offence, crussdaddy! [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img] Arbenbard's criticisms are not without merit, but his blunt speaking has got Lmluin's haughty Elvish dander well and truly up!)
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16137

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:40 pm

(007) The First Night

crusssdaddy wrote:
(OOC: No sweat, DocX. And Arbenbard can understand everything you say in Sindarin...!)
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16137

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:08 pm

(007) The First Night

doctorx wrote:
(O.O.C: He knows! ;D)
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16137

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:13 am

(007) The First Night

calithena wrote:
Soval looks with dismay upon his fellows.

"Shall we escape the clutches of darkness, only to fall one upon the other?"

Surveying his fellows, he continues. "I for one would not give up the battle against the forces of the night. Yet we are weak and need refreshment, and have no real knowledge of our foes. If the majority here wish to stay and pursue, I will put my blade at your service 'til the last. Yet I would think it better counsel for us to return to Edhil, to heal and re-equip, mayhap to find new fellows, 'ere we continue our hunt."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16137

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:06 pm

(007) The First Night

doctorx wrote:
Lmluin says nothing but gives a curt nod of approval at Soval's words.

Orc-Bane at least is one Man whose counsel he still respects...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16137

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:07 pm

(007) The First Night

sulldawga wrote:
Largo finally rallies from his post-battle torpor and scrambles to his feet. He walks over to where Soval, Arbenbard, and the others are standing.

I think a return to Edhil is the wisest choice. We're all angry about what happened here. Some time to heal our wounds, bury our dead, and drink some tea would be good right now. Then we can decide what to do next.

The Hobbit gestures at the orc corpses littering the campsite.

I think the Orcs will be licking their wounds as well. They should still be in disarray when we return.


Without waiting to hear a response, Largo heads off to collect Doloris and see to the old nag's needs.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16137

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:23 am

(007) The First Night

heartless wrote:
calithena wrote:Soval looks ...
Yet I would think it better counsel for us to return to Edhil, to heal and re-equip, mayhap to find new fellows, 'ere we continue our hunt."


"Sound words Soval we need healing and an better attack plan to continue", agrees Lady ‰ohild. "I for one can not wait to walk and fight again to track down and remove the evil that walks still in this land."
Lady ‰ohild calls for her groom, "Deorwyn bring water that I may quench her thirst to restore my strength from this poison in my blood."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
Previous

Return to Moria

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software