(006) Farther and Deeper...


Waysoftheearth's Moria PBP

User avatar

Posts: 16460

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:32 am

(006) Farther and Deeper...

coffee wrote:
Eremin will move on to the next available orc and kill it, too.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16460

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:25 pm

(006) Farther and Deeper...

mushgnome wrote:
Sili is angered by the violence (especially the grievous blow to Norin) and concentrates his attack against the biggest and strongest alpha-Orc within reach. "See what happens when you mess with the Dwarves, you fork-faced, penny-licking stink on legs? DO YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS???" By swinging his flail in wide arcs and absorbing their blows with his shield and armor, he hopes to push the Orcs back, away from the wounded.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16460

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:08 pm

(006) Farther and Deeper...

waysoftheearth wrote:
All alone in the Troll den with only an Orc for company Baraglin defends himself as best he is able. Baraglin (initiative 1d6; Baraglin=5, Orc=3) slashes his short sword at the enemy with Hobbit-speed (1d20=16) catching it off-guard and (1dd=3) giving it a serious cut for 3 hit points.

"Yoo wants to plaahy, eh?" hisses the Orc, as it closes in (1d20=15) and delivers a cruel blow of its own (2dd=2,2) injuring Master Banks a second time for 4 hit points (Baraglin now has 6 of 14 hit points).

Meanwhile, the melee outside is a clanging riot of hammer and sword blows upon shield and mail. Initiative is rolled (1d6; Soval=3,1, Nat=1, Beranger=5, Eohild=5, Largo=6, Eremin=5, Orcs=1).

Largo scampers aside and then stabs at his opponent with astonishing speed (1d20=17) and uncanny accuracy, puncturing the Orc through the gut for (1dd=2) 2 hit points, but it isn't slain.

Eremin simultaneously jumps at a fresh foe (1d20=9) gifting it a keen slash (1dd=4) across the neck for 4 hit points, but it too fights on.

Beranger, curses his choice of leaving his pole axe behind in favour of his crossbow, for his dagger is quick (1d20=3) but it lacks the reach he need in this fight. Eohild slashes wildly about her with sword gripped tightly in both mailed fists (1d20=7) but she cannot find the canny foe with such rash strokes. Soval wades through the chaos toward her, driving the foe ahead of him (1d20=5,2) but the Orcs fall back hastily from Orc Bane, giving him a wide berth now that the edge of his blade has been wetted on their black blood.

Nat hurls his flail about (1d20=8) but it only glances off a mailed shoulder as the Orcs now dive in to the counter-attack in a great barrage (1d20; vs Beranger=18, vs Nat=18, vs Soval=11, vs Eremin=7, vs Eohil=6,12). Their bleak swords and cleavers hack and hew, clanging off blades and plate and mail, but alas! Beranger (2dd=2,4) is pierced by a cruel stroke for 4 hit points, and clatters to the ground as the Orcish blade is ripped free of his belly, and (2dd=3,4) Nat Pickthorn is struck hard by a mace for 4 hit points. Woe is you, Beranger is felled!

And obscured behind the mine car, an Orc most evil drives its black spear through Barald's neck as he lies helpless. The Old Boar of Mirkwood is slain!

But even as the battle is turned against you Lomeluin, Sili and Norin come roaring into the fray (1d20; Lomeluin=16, Sili=19,14, Norin=19) as a cavalry charge scattering children.

Lomeluin (2dd=5,1) delviers a fierce stroke of his bright sword for 5 hit points, but even this does not slay the great, evil Orc opposing Nat. But have no fear. Sili, Hero of Durin's Line, pummels the foe like thunder with his flail (2dd=5,5 and 1,2) smashing them apart with crushing hits of 13 and 5 hit points, and Norin likewise smashes an Orc skull with his warhammer for (3dd=6,4,1) 8 hit points.

Three Orcs are slain in an instant and the tide of battle is turned!
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16460

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:11 pm

(006) Farther and Deeper...

waysoftheearth wrote:
This is now the lay of the land:


@@#@@@@@
@@#@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@##################################################=############@@
@......x.........xS..//.Nl...g........t........................@@@@
@x--x---------$xB(x)a--//nR-----/--A---$e-----h-----------------$@@
@.....x..x..x.....E.xO./s./...................u................@@@@
@@################.#################################=############@@
@@#@@@@@@@@@@#####.#####@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@#@@@@@@@@@@#......xb.####
@@#@@@@@@@@@@#.........####

x Orc
/ Orc corpse
$ Beacon

A Ardenbard a Largo
B Barald... b Baraglin*
E Eremin... e Elindir
G ......... g Legandir
H ......... h Hepti*
L ......... l Lomeluin
N Nat...... n Norin
O Eohild... o
R Beranger. r
S Soval*... s Sili
T ......... t Telthalion
U ......... u Burmon*
V ......... v

* Lantern/torch



Opposite the main fray, the remaining Orcs are already fleeing.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16460

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:12 pm

(006) Farther and Deeper...

waysoftheearth wrote:
What now, gentlemen?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16460

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:17 pm

(006) Farther and Deeper...

doctorx wrote:
"Fall back, Master Pickthorn! You have done enough!" Lmluin says to the wounded Nat, pushing past him and leaping gracefully over the corpses of the fallen Orcs to close on the goblin attacking Largo.

Should the Orcs flee before he is able to close, he will switch back to his bow, leap up onto the mining cart and send arrows flying into their craven backs.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16460

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:18 pm

(006) Farther and Deeper...

ehiker133 wrote:
Enraged with battle fury, Norin presses his attack against any orcs within range of his mighty warhammer.

"You shall befoul this place no more!"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16460

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:00 pm

(006) Farther and Deeper...

coffee wrote:
Eremin will dispatch the one he faces and then see where else he may be of use.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16460

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:34 am

(006) Farther and Deeper...

sulldawga wrote:
Largo will continue to attack the Orc in front of him, in hopes that one of his wayward dagger thrusts will strike a vital organ or artery and spare him any further need to engage in melee. Yet he is beginning to be concerned about his fellow Hobbit's well-being.

"Oh, how I wish this nasty brute would fall! I must see where Master Banks has gotten off to."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16460

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:13 am

(006) Farther and Deeper...

heartless wrote:
Eohild will finish off the Orc next to her. Determined as ever now at the sight of brave Barald falling.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Moria

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software