(006) Farther and Deeper...


Waysoftheearth's Moria PBP

User avatar

Posts: 16442

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:44 am

(006) Farther and Deeper...

tonneau wrote:
"I cannot hear myself think with that racket" hisses Legandir as the clunk and rattle of the cart rings down the passageway.
"They will be cursing this banshee's wail in the Shire!"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16442

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:56 pm

(006) Farther and Deeper...

mushgnome wrote:
Sili (Int 8) whispers "Maybe the hole in its chest has something to do with these strange-looking flagstones?"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16442

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:22 pm

(006) Farther and Deeper...

ehiker133 wrote:
Norin (Int 9) nods sagely in agreement.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16442

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:50 pm

(006) Farther and Deeper...

doctorx wrote:
Lmluin steps back from the body, carefully avoiding the suspect flagstones. "A spear trap of some kind?" he speculates; "And reset by the looks of things. We'd best find a way to trigger it from a distance." A grim smile comes over his face; "Who knows? It may be there is a use for the Lady's precious cart after all..."

He suddenly cocks his head to one side, listening intently. Is that a sound he hears back in the shadows behind..?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16442

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:02 pm

(006) Farther and Deeper...

tonneau wrote:
With some elven affinity, Legandir crouches suddenly as Lmluin also senses something is wrong.
Holding his Rivendell bow and arrow in one hand, he swiftly draws Morfil a handspan from its sheath to see what counsel the elven blade bears.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16442

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:34 am

(006) Farther and Deeper...

waysoftheearth wrote:
The bright metal of the blade has an iridescent silver-blue glow about it, and the keen edge of Morfil does glimmer like ice under a full moon. This council can mean only one thing -- Yrch!
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16442

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:57 pm

(006) Farther and Deeper...

calithena wrote:
Soval smiles at the Lady's kind words, but then winces at the noise of the cart as it rolls forward.

"There is great danger down here. I can see many uses for the cart, but perhaps we would be better served to come back for it when the need is more urgent? We may bring all Moria down upon us if our signal is too loud..."

(perhaps by then the Orcs will have attacked them with surprise...when he can Soval will fight back of course, taking special care to defend the one to whom he speaks.)
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16442

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:58 pm

(006) Farther and Deeper...

doctorx wrote:
Seeing the blue fire about Legandir's blade Lmluin spins about, arrow set upon bow-string, searching the darkness for his most hated of enemies...

As soon as he has visual contact and a clear shot he fires.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16442

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:10 pm

(006) Farther and Deeper...

coffee wrote:
Eremin will call out to the rest: "Orcs!"

Then he'll move to defend himself and the hobbits, until the real fighting-men can arrive.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16442

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:21 pm

(006) Farther and Deeper...

tonneau wrote:
Legandir resheaths Morfil and brings his bow to bear on the ruckus near the mine cart. Nonetheless he keeps a wary vigil on the way ahead from the corner of his eye, lest the enemy be more cunning than is his wont.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Moria

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software