(006) Farther and Deeper...


Waysoftheearth's Moria PBP

User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:14 am

(006) Farther and Deeper...

mushgnome wrote:
As soon as Sili hears Eremin's call for help, he and Hepti will move to rejoin and defend the party against the orcs.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:45 am

(006) Farther and Deeper...

ehiker133 wrote:
mushgnome wrote:As soon as Sili hears Eremin's call for help, he and Hepti will move to rejoin and defend the party against the orcs.


As does Norin, spinning about and charging forth with his war hammer.

"Ahhh! This is more like it, Sili," he huffs as they charge back down the hallway.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:09 am

(006) Farther and Deeper...

sulldawga wrote:
Largo squeaks in dismay as he espies the orc horde on approach.

"What fools we are to have wasted time with this cart full of scrap!"
he mumbles to no one in particular.

The hobbit will fire off a sling stone at the head of the closest orc and then take cover behind the cart.

OOC: no idea what ol' Largo had in his hands but I'm hoping it was a loaded sling.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:06 am

(006) Farther and Deeper...

crusssdaddy wrote:
Arbenbard: "Nat! Defend the party!"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:53 am

(006) Farther and Deeper...

waysoftheearth wrote:
Very good.

Initiative is rolled for the Hobbits and Eremin (1d6=3) versus the Orcish enemy (1d6=1). Everyone else is surprised.

Baraglin Banks is a quick witted Hobbit, let it be said, for almost as soon as Eremin cries out his warning he slips behind Eohild and into the Troll den with his sputtering torch. Largo is a braver, or perhaps more foolish, sort for he was dawdling with a stone in his sling all this while, and all of a sudden lets fly his stone (1d20=18) and his aim is as good as his eye! The first of the ugly Orcs cops (1dd=6) a swift rock to the noggin for 6 hit points, and pitches to the floor, but by then there already seems to be a tide of the monsters trampling over it!

Both Eremin and Largo, at least, have the shelter of the mine cart.

Black arrows snap from cruel, short bows, zipping among the startled company (2d20=9,13) the first evil arrow punching Barald the Old Boar squarely in the small of the back as he jerks up from his labour pushing the mine car, the second bouncing harmlessly off Eohild's shoulder plate as she turns to see the oncoming enemy at last.

Barald suffers (1dd=4) 4 hit points (he has 5 of 9 remaining).

And now the Orcs charge home, crashing mightily into the company's ranks with jeers and howls and scything blades of grim iron. Their breath is hot and foul and the stench of them is a fearsome thing. Their beady eyes burn red with hate as they deliver their devilish blows (3d20=19,12,9)!

Barald and Eohild are overrun, and Soval finds himself beset! Blows clang and ding off armour and hastily raised blades, and in all the din Eohild is gored by an Orcish spear for (2dd=3,4) 4 hit points (she has 10 of 14 remaining).
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:56 am

(006) Farther and Deeper...

waysoftheearth wrote:
That, gentlemen, was the surprise round.

The passage to the mine car is overrun with enemy; a mass of dark, long-limbed, supple fiends who slash and stab with rude blades and fight three abreast in the wide passage.

Barald and Eohild are all but surrounded in the fray, and there are Orcs already clambering over the mine car with evil intent!

And now...?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:43 pm

(006) Farther and Deeper...

calithena wrote:
Soval curses himself a fool - intemperate words are one thing, battle another. Since he gives light to the party, he will battle with sword alone. His tactics will be to fight forward through the orcs until he can shield Barald and Eohild, and then, if he can, help them both enact a fighting retreat with him, so that they can all fall back as a group to a more defensible battle line.

"Friends! We are beset!" he calls out as he steps forward with his sword...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:32 pm

(006) Farther and Deeper...

doctorx wrote:
If Lmluin has a clear shot, he takes it and reloads.

If not, he judges the situation too serious to waste precious time hunting for an opening. "Hold here and bring down as many as you can!" he barks to Telthalion in Sindarin.

He then draws Andn, sets his shield on his arm and rushes to meet the Orcs clambering over the cart.

"Well met, filth of Sauron! Thought ye the Firstborn were all gone into the West? Learn otherwise to your sorrow! LORIEN ENTULUVA!"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:52 pm

(006) Farther and Deeper...

coffee wrote:
Eremin will hunker down behind the mine cart and stab upwards into the orcs' bellies as they climb over the top.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:17 am

(006) Farther and Deeper...

sulldawga wrote:
Largo will continue to mutter complaints, but under his breath, so as not to attract undue attention. He will also shift his sling to his off-hand and draw his dagger.

If any orc has its back to the hobbit while attempting to engage a larger foe, that will be Largo's target (with the dagger). If no target is any more inviting than another, he'll go after the orc climbing across the cart.

Should this process be taking too long, he'll simply drop his sling, rather than switch hands, to speed things up a bit.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Moria

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software