(006) Farther and Deeper...


Waysoftheearth's Moria PBP

User avatar

Posts: 16131

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:04 pm

(006) Farther and Deeper...

waysoftheearth wrote:
While this is happening, Largo hastens into the Troll den, where he is relieved to find Baraglin Banks sitting upon the chest of a slain Orc, dabbing his forehead with a kerchief.

"Ah, Master Harfoot, be a good fellow and help a weary Hobbit to his feet would you?" says Baraglin when he sees Largo.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16131

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:13 pm

(006) Farther and Deeper...

waysoftheearth wrote:
doctorx wrote:He sniffs the air, a concerned look on his face as he attempts to identify the strange scent; "We should not linger here. Make haste!"


Lomeluin sniffs the air, and his suspicion deepens; he has tasted its like before. He swiftly fetches one foul Orc blade and examines it closely. Unsatisfied, he fetches another another...

"Gorfang!" he exclaims, wrinkling his nose in disgust and flinging the blade away.

It is a venom employed by the Orcs.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16131

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:19 pm

(006) Farther and Deeper...

waysoftheearth wrote:
Norin, Soval, Eohild, Eremin, Nat, and Baraglin were pierced by Orcish arms... but were they envenomed?

(1d6; Norin=1, Soval=3, Eohild=1, Eremin=3, Nat=5, Baraglin=6).

As Lomeluin mentions the foul word, Norin and Eohild both realise they are not feeling too well. Their wounds burn hot, and their skin prickles feverishly. Come to think of it, they're not too steady on their feet either...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16131

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:06 pm

(006) Farther and Deeper...

doctorx wrote:
"Some of the Orc blades were envenomed," Lmluin informs the company grimly, looking with concern at the wounded, and Norin and Eohild in particular.

If there is anything he can practically do on the spot to slow the effects of the venom he will do it, but he suspects a swift return to camp is the best course of action.

"Haste now is needed. We must return to camp with all speed. Archers to the front and rear, the wounded to the middle. Travel as light as you may. Be ready to carry those overcome by the poison. If the first hall is not held against us let runners go ahead and tell those at camp to boil water ready for our return. Then we healers will do what we can. Swiftly now! We have lingered here long enough!"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16131

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:18 pm

(006) Farther and Deeper...

ehiker133 wrote:
Norin nods slowly and starts lumbering towards the stairs to the entrance, weaving about as he does so.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16131

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:50 pm

(006) Farther and Deeper...

sulldawga wrote:
"Mister Banks!" Largo's voice veritably squeaks with excitement.

"So good to see you. My word, but you've had an adventure of your own in here."

Largo will help Baraglin up and they will return to the main corridor.

doctorx wrote:"Haste now is needed. We must return to camp with all speed. Archers to the front and rear, the wounded to the middle. Travel as light as you may. Be ready to carry those overcome by the poison. If the first hall is not held against us let runners go ahead and tell those at camp to boil water ready for our return. Then we healers will do what we can. Swiftly now! We have lingered here long enough!"


"Mister Banks and I will lead the way. We can get word to the camp quickly if the path is clear."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16131

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:29 pm

(006) Farther and Deeper...

doctorx wrote:
Lmluin spares Norin and Eohild a mouthful each from his water skin. "Drink," he says gently; "The waters of the Nimrodel are blessed, even in these fading days. May her song help guard you from the malice in your wounds."

sulldawga wrote:"Mister Banks and I will lead the way. We can get word to the camp quickly if the path is clear."


"Very good. Elindir, Legandir: do you go next and provide bowcraft for our scouts should they need it. Master Sili, pray do not let your brave kinsman wander off on his own! The poison clouds his mind, I fear. Will you and Soval Orc Bane follow next and lead the wounded? Let all unskilled in warcraft follow. Telthalion and I have the rear guard. Let no-one fall behind! Back to the gate now, with all the haste we may!"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16131

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:00 pm

(006) Farther and Deeper...

tonneau wrote:
Legandir allows the party to lead up the passage before following up the rear, bow at the ready.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16131

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:55 am

(006) Farther and Deeper...

mushgnome wrote:
Sili makes sure nobody (living) is left behind. He will pass his shield to Hepti the torch-bearer if Norin needs a helping hand.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16131

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:51 pm

(006) Farther and Deeper...

doctorx wrote:
If Legandir will take the rear guard, Lmluin and Telthalion will fall in behind the Hobbits at the front of the column, although Lmluin will fall back periodically to check on the wounded, particularly Eohild and Norin.

His face is grim, even by his dour standards, as he urges the party on toward the Hollin Gate...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Moria

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software