(006) Farther and Deeper...


Waysoftheearth's Moria PBP

User avatar

Posts: 16299

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:19 pm

(006) Farther and Deeper...

crusssdaddy wrote:
Arbenbard and Nat hustle into the center of the group.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16299

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:43 pm

(006) Farther and Deeper...

heartless wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:Barald turns all his efforts to defending himself as he tries to fall back, but the Orcs are all over him (3d20=18,2,4). He valiantly fends of scores of blows, but they gradually hack and beat him down, (2dd=1,5) and the Old Boar disappears beneath a mass of rising and falling hatchets, clubs and maces... beaten into a bloody mess. Barald is incapacitated (0 of 9 hit points).


waysoftheearth wrote:Eremin twists around and springs at the Orc who has just slain Barald, driving at it with his dagger point (1d20=12), quick as a cat, and puncturing it for (1dd=4) 4 hit points. The Orc recoils with a horrible squeal, but it is not slain yet, oh no
....
The Orcs are vanquished!


"I will morn the death of a Barald he was a good man, and I thank thee Soval and Eremin for your assistance . This place is indeed a den for evil, and I resolve more to clean it this day!", speaks Eohild heavily. [img]images/smiley/embarrassed.png[/img]

waysoftheearth wrote:Norin, Soval, Eohild, Eremin, Nat, and Baraglin were pierced by Orcish arms... but were they envenomed?

(1d6; Norin=1, Soval=3, Eohild=1, Eremin=3, Nat=5, Baraglin=6).

As Lomeluin mentions the foul word, Norin and Eohild both realise they are not feeling too well. Their wounds burn hot, and their skin prickles feverishly. Come to think of it, they're not too steady on their feet either...


"Can I get some help to heal my wounds friends", asks Eohild in a dreamly state.

doctorx wrote:"Soval is right; back to camp," concurrs Lmluin, "and as swiftly as we may. We can attend the wounded far more effectively there."


"Thank you friends for your help to get out of here, I am sorry that I don't feel well enough to continue", says Eohild .
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16299

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:46 am

(006) Farther and Deeper...

waysoftheearth wrote:
Very good.

It is as Lomeluin directs, with haste now being of great import.

Baraglin Banks and Largo Harfoot are only too eager to head back toward the camp site, and scamper off, Baraglin with his torch. The Elves, Lomeluin and Telthalion come swiftly after, followed by the main body of the company, and the Half-Elven Legandir and Elindir at the rear, every wary.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16299

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:54 am

(006) Farther and Deeper...

waysoftheearth wrote:
Thankfully the Hobbits find no resistance set against them in the great West Hall; it appears the Orcs have truly scattered. For now. And so a goodly pace is set, and the company passes through the West Hall and onto the stair as swiftly as they may.

Saving throws (1d20; Eohild=10, Norin=7).

Alas, by the time the top of the stair is reached, Norin and Eohild can go no farther without help, for the Orc venom saps their strength away.

Sili assists Norin, while Hepti carries a torch.

Soval assists Eohild, while Burmon and Eremin carry Beranger's body, and Nat and Ardenbard carry Barald's body.

It is a grim procession indeed!
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16299

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:58 am

(006) Farther and Deeper...

waysoftheearth wrote:
That great stair is taken at pace and within half an hour the company emerges from Hollin Gate to find that evening has fallen!

(please go to thread 007).
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
Previous

Return to Moria

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software