(004) The West Hall


Waysoftheearth's Moria PBP

User avatar

Posts: 16506

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:32 pm

(004) The West Hall

ehiker133 wrote:
Norin patiently waits all of 30 seconds before grabbing the longest spear or pole arm he can find and using it to move the chalice to see if it is trapped.

If it isn't, he'll drop the trash weapon and pick up the chalice to examine it more closely.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16506

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:37 pm

(004) The West Hall

doctorx wrote:
Lmluin flinches at the Dwarf's recklessness. We said carefully, Master Norin," he remonstrates gently; "We have those in our ranks skilled in the detection of any pre-prepared mischief - Let them use their skills on our behalf."

He nonetheless leans in eagerly to get a good look at the chalice.

(All this assuming Norin hsn't been squashed flat by a boulder or similar... [img]images/smiley/wink.png[/img])
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16506

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:45 pm

(004) The West Hall

ehiker133 wrote:
Norin pauses in mid-grab, shrugs, and says, "Right, then. Let me know when they're done searching it..."

He leaves the small confined space and returns to the larger Troll room. Sifting through the pile of debris, he looks for a helmet that is devoid of protrusions of any kind. He sets the helm down on the ground and sits atop it, taking a break.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16506

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:37 pm

(004) The West Hall

doctorx wrote:
"Master Sulk," Lmluin calls softly to Eremin; "When you have a moment, here is a pretty thing requiring your attention..."

And to Arbenbard: "Once our friend has made sure this trinket is safe, what make you of it, Master Candleburner..?"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16506

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:56 am

(004) The West Hall

coffee wrote:
If the doors don't appear to have been tampered with at all, Eremin will edge one of them open far enough to pass through, and then turn his attention to the chalice.

First he'll look to see if it's connected to anything. If not, he'll take out a dagger and push it with that.

If nothing happens, he'll pick it up.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16506

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:18 am

(004) The West Hall

waysoftheearth wrote:
coffee wrote:He inspects the door and doorjamb visually. Does he see any evidence of a trap?


The door was a stout thing at one time, before the Trolls punch through it, but now the door jam itself is largely obscured from Eremin's eyes for the remains of the door still hang partly in place.

However, for that which he can see Eremin does not notice anything that appears out of place, and deems the door safe.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16506

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:25 am

(004) The West Hall

waysoftheearth wrote:
coffee wrote:First he'll look to see if it's connected to anything. If not, he'll take out a dagger and push it with that.

If nothing happens, he'll pick it up.


Eremin proceeds into the side room with others crowding behind him, eager to get a good look at the chalice.

It appears haphazardly cast upon a dusty old pile of nails, coins, nuts, screws and other dusty knick-knacks. It certainly isn't joined by and string or cord, and it moves normally when Eremin prods it with his dagger.

He intuits that it is safe, and takes the chalice freely.

It is a mighty cup indeed, perhaps 7 or 8 inches wide at the top and almost a foot high, it is all carved from pewter and embossed with finely crafted patterns in silver and copper. There might have been half a dozen thumbnail sized stones placed around the perimeter of the cup, but four of these have been prized out. Two orange stones remain.

The cup is heavy.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16506

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:27 am

(004) The West Hall

waysoftheearth wrote:
ehiker133 wrote:he looks for a helmet that is devoid of protrusions of any kind. He sets the helm down on the ground and sits atop it, taking a break.


Very good. Norin finds a make-shift seat and takes a load off his feet.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16506

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:19 am

(004) The West Hall

crusssdaddy wrote:
Arbenbard pushes forward to examine the cup and try to place a value upon it.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16506

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:02 am

(004) The West Hall

coffee wrote:
Eremin passes the cup to Arbenbard, and watches with amusement as he attempts to valuate it.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Moria

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software