(004) The West Hall


Waysoftheearth's Moria PBP

User avatar

Posts: 16340

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:44 pm

(004) The West Hall

ehiker133 wrote:
Norin walks in pace beside Sili.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16340

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:37 am

(004) The West Hall

heartless wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:
Eohild's council is most thoughtful. But whereto should one of these mining cars be sought?

There were in fact various old metal boxes and tins among the Trolls' hoard...


"Before we move on let us look at those metal boxes, for having a working mine cart would be of great benefit for us to carry items back from beyond we go", states Eohild's.

Lady Eohild's motions for her mercenary Barald and others to follow and they will all look at the metal boxes to see if they can be used again.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16340

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:51 pm

(004) The West Hall

doctorx wrote:
Before we move on let us look at those metal boxes, for having a working mine cart would be of great benefit for us to carry items back from beyond we go", states Eohild's.


"It may also make enough noise to wake every orc from here to Dimril Dale," Lmluin mutters, but he is prepared to follow the Lady's lead for now, eager though he is to move on.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16340

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:01 am

(004) The West Hall

heartless wrote:
"Thank you Lmluin my good elf, we can always oil the wheels if need be. Now what do we have over here", says Lady Eohild.

Eohild will investigate the metal boxes.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16340

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:48 am

(004) The West Hall

waysoftheearth wrote:
Eohild and Barald the old boar of Mirkwood, and the Elves Lomeluin and Telthalion linger here a moment, picking over the metal bins and scrap heaped at the back of the Trolls' den. The Hobbits Largo and Baraglin remain also, chatting quietly to each other, while the remainder of the company head back out into the main passage.

(Norin, Sili, Soval, Legandir, Elendir, Eremin and Arbenbard; please go to thread 006...)
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16340

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:03 am

(004) The West Hall

waysoftheearth wrote:
By the time the main part of the company have departed (taking their torches and lanterns with them), it is extremely dim in the Trolls' den. Only a faint light from the beacon outside reaches the hoard up the back.

But even so, it swiftly becomes clear to Eohild and the others present that the main bin full of chain and rivets and split helmets is actually a mine-cart for it is on four rusty old wheels...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16340

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:12 am

(004) The West Hall

heartless wrote:
Eohild lights a torch so they have light and ask Largo the Hobbit to hold it.
Eohild addresses the other Hobbits."Baraglin my brave warrior can you keep a look out in case any trouble approaches", asks Lady Eohild with a smile.
Then Eohild help Barald and the Elves Lomeluin and Telthalion get the cart on its wheels and on the track again. If need be she will use oil to help the wheel spin again and not make noise. Then they will push the cart to catch up to the others.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16340

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:32 am

(004) The West Hall

doctorx wrote:
Lmluin raises an eyebrow at the clatter and noise as the cart is righted, but lends his aid to the endeavour resignedly, gesturing to Telthalion to do likewise.

Our proud Elvish captain draws the line at pushing the clanking thing, however. Such work is better left to Men. (Or even better, to Hobbits...)

"Telthalion - take point; we mustn't lose contact with the rest of the company. I have the rearguard."

And he will follow after the rumbling cart, arrow set on bowstring, keen Elvish eyes straining to keep watch on the darkness behind them...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16340

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:55 am

(004) The West Hall

heartless wrote:
"I agree Lmluin, we warriors should be freed up ready for any attack that befalls us and not be pushing carts", agrees ‰ohild .

"What do you say dear hobbits are thee up to aiding our cause, I'm sure you are or you wouldn't be here. Please push the cart along the tracks? I'm sure it will be fun especially down the sloops...", beckens ‰ohild with her friendly lady charm to Baraglin and Largo.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16340

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:37 pm

(004) The West Hall

waysoftheearth wrote:
Barald yanks one of the carts out of the pile of scrap with a great clatter while Eohild ignites a torch and the two Elves shift to look out positions.

Once the torch is aflame Eohild hands it to Baraglin Banks, who takes it from her with a bow.

It is clear that the initial challenge will be getting the heavy steel cart out of the Troll den, into the passage and onto the track. It is 5ft long, 4ft wide and about 3ft high. It is also ancient, rusty and heavy.

Now Hobbits are renowned for their appetites, not for their size or great strength, and the pair present now look on dubiously at the task. Besides, Baraglin has a torch in one hand now.

It would clearly be more practical for Eohild and Barald to Man-handle the cart out onto the track. Else it will take thrice as long for the small folk to achieve the same ends...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Moria

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software