(004) The West Hall


Waysoftheearth's Moria PBP

User avatar

Posts: 16255

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:32 am

(004) The West Hall

crusssdaddy wrote:
Arbenbard: "This is quite a bit of fussing with carts and such. Are we a mining company? I thought we were explorers and adventurers, but perhaps my nose was too deep in books to apprehend our task correctly..."

"Let's leave this rusty heap where it belongs - in the refuse heap."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16255

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:52 pm

(004) The West Hall

heartless wrote:
heartless wrote:Eohild lights a torch so they have light and ask Largo the Hobbit to hold it.
Eohild addresses the other Hobbits."Baraglin my brave warrior can you keep a look out in case any trouble approaches", asks Lady Eohild with a smile.
Then Eohild help Barald and the Elves Lomeluin and Telthalion get the cart on its wheels and on the track again. If need be she will use oil to help the wheel spin again and not make noise. Then they will push the cart to catch up to the others.

OOC: Sorry I meant for the hobbits to push it once we humans and Elves got it on the tracks.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16255

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:52 pm

(004) The West Hall

doctorx wrote:
"If we're to move this wretched thing let us be swift," Lmluin mutters darkly; "If not, leave it and move on. For our numbers to be divided in this bedevilled place is folly."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16255

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:07 am

(004) The West Hall

waysoftheearth wrote:
Eohild's mind is set about the task, and with the help of Barald -- and no small amount of noise -- she has the heavy mine cart free of all the other scrap.

It's rusted wheels and axles screech and whine awfully in protest as the pair push the cart out of the Troll den and into the main passage.

The main company is two score yards further down the passage, but still in sight. Behind, the first beacon continues to burn on steadily.

Telthalion takes a rear guard position, and Lomeluin the front. The Hobbits look on nervously as Eohild and Barald man handle the heavy cart with a great deal of creaking and banging, and finally get it settled onto the track.

"The Enemy's teeth!" curses Telthalion, "If that hasn't woken every Orc in Moria, we are blessed."

Eohild stands back to clap the rust and dust off her hands and surveys her achievement. The cart is set upon the tracks, and good to go.

The wheels and axles are certainly noisier that what she had hoped, however.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16255

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:08 am

(004) The West Hall

waysoftheearth wrote:
(Everybody please use the "Farther and Deeper" thread now)
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
Previous

Return to Moria

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software