(003) Durin's Way


Waysoftheearth's Moria PBP

User avatar

Posts: 16501

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:43 pm

(003) Durin's Way

doctorx wrote:
Lmluin moves up to stand beside Norin ands sends an arrow flying at the rearmost Troll; "Telthalion! To me!" he calls out loudly.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16501

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:58 pm

(003) Durin's Way

mushgnome wrote:
As soon as Sili reaches daylight: "HOT enough for ya?? You dangling, mucous-oozing oathbreaker!" He hurls his torch, taunting the pursuing trolls!

Then he scrambles behind the front rank of fighters to catch a breath and equip shield & flail for mop-up duty.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16501

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:39 am

(003) Durin's Way

waysoftheearth wrote:
The Dwarves fling insults at the retreating Trolls, shaking their mailed fists and rattling weapons and generally making a good Dwarfish racket. It has been too long since these halls echoed with the sound of Dwarf voices, and it feels good! Their blood is up.

Meanwhile Telthalion springs lightly up to the front to join Lomeluin as the latter lets fly another Mirkwood shaft. The white wood springs into the dark (1d20=7) but the missile is turned on the monster's scaly back.

The company gather their strength inside West Gate while the Trolls continue to scurry up and up, and around a long wide curve of the stair, vanishing into the darkness...

---

Lomeluin has 17 arrows remaining.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16501

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:10 pm

(003) Durin's Way

crusssdaddy wrote:
Arbenbard: "I gather we have forfeit the element of surprise...?"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16501

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:30 pm

(003) Durin's Way

calithena wrote:
"It depends how well they communicate," Soval replies. "All they really know is that a small party of elves and dwarves were poking around and ran from them. It will be mentioned if those things communicate with one another, but if we are fortunate it will not occur to them to coordinate a response.

"Scouts are perhaps likely, though. Methinks we should press in as soon as possible - a party our size cannot be hidden. Two cunning goblin scouts will soon be followed by a small army of orcs. I think we should heal, replenish our resources, and press forward."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16501

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:34 pm

(003) Durin's Way

ehiker133 wrote:
Norin stops shaking his fist and lets it drop to his side. He takes a few deep breaths, then smiles and looks over at Sili and says, "I love it when a plan comes together."

He looks Sili up and down, "You're hurt." Norin rests his hand on Sili's shoulder and continues, "Hold on, I'll get Ymir to prepare a healing brew for you."

He moves to the entrance and sticks his head out the doorway.

"Ymir! Prepare a healing brew! We have a wounded dwarf in here!"

Then, back in the cave, "We should take just enough time to get Sili bandaged up and then I say we go right back up those stairs in force and clean the other two trolls out of the way. This time, we'll go up with the two dwarves in front, followed by two soldiers with longer weapons, like spears or pikes, and finally we should have at least two rows of archers. The archers should be able to get a few rounds off before the trolls can get within melee range and then we should be able to bring four attacks on them at once. The rest of the battle group can follow behind; we can use them if we make it to the room at the top, where we'll have the space."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16501

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:50 pm

(003) Durin's Way

doctorx wrote:
Lmluin nods his head in agreement. "We have the advantage. Let us not squander it. Those beasts will be back come nightfall, I'll wager, and perhaps not alone."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16501

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:41 pm

(003) Durin's Way

mushgnome wrote:
Sili grunts and gingerly pokes at his cracked ribs. "Hepti, Vestri: bring torches... We're going back in!"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16501

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:55 pm

(003) Durin's Way

tombowings wrote:
"Let us order ourselves, rank-and-file like a legion of old descending into the untouched places of the world," suggests Elindir. "Axes and sword to the front; spears in the second rank; and archers to the rear."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16501

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:14 pm

(003) Durin's Way

calithena wrote:
"A fine plan, fair Elindir," Soval says, "and we should have scouts as well. Perhaps elf-folk - and have we not some Stoor-cousined burglar among us? - moving out ahead, not to fight, but to tell us what might be seen, that we are able to prepare for our battles in advance!"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Moria

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software