(003) Durin's Way


Waysoftheearth's Moria PBP

User avatar

Posts: 16501

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:28 pm

(003) Durin's Way

doctorx wrote:
If the Dwarves can get clear before the Trolls close, Lmluin will fire the instant they run past him, yelling to Elindir to do the same. If the lead Troll is the one with two arrows already sticking in him he will try and send a shaft straight into its ugly face. Otherwise he'll aim to try and slow the leader up, (foot, kneecap or similar). He'll then make a break for it, trying to keep himself between the Trolls and the rest of the party, peppering them with arrows where he can, but primarily concentrating on avoiding their grasping paws.

Should it look like the Trolls are going to win the race however, he'll fall back at once. The dwarves stand more chance in melee with these monsters and he knows it.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16501

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:16 am

(003) Durin's Way

waysoftheearth wrote:
The Trolls move at the same pace as the Dwarves, but Elves are just as good to eat when they can be got. It seems incredibly unlikely that the Trolls will simply "run past" -- more likely they will go for any target they can reach.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16501

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:41 am

(003) Durin's Way

doctorx wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:The Trolls move at the same pace as the Dwarves, but Elves are just as good to eat when they can be got. It seems incredibly unlikely that the Trolls will simply "run past" -- more likely they will go for any target they can reach.


I understand that. I guess what I'm trying to say is if the Dwarves can get past us ahead of the Trolls, Lmluin takes his shot, then runs for it. If otherwise, (e.g: he's got a dirty great troll coming right at him with thoughts of Elf jelly in its tiny brain), he falls back immediately, although ready to fire should a clear shot present itself.

I guess it all depends on who does what and when in the upcoming round...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16501

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:07 pm

(003) Durin's Way

waysoftheearth wrote:
Legandir dashes down the stair ahead of the company, treating carefully as he can with the darkness closing all about him. Behind, Sili and Norin turn again from the melee and make haste toward the West Gate with the Trolls hollering and howling at their backs, crushing stone with their flailing fists and heavy feet!

Lomeluin and Elindir hold as long as they possibly dare with bows bent to the fullest tension they will bear. But with the Dwarves and Trolls bearing down on them as one great gaggle that threatens to sweep all away as they pass, the Elves breath a curse and flee before them all.

As they run the lead Troll, enraged by several injuries, swipes at (1-3 Sili, 4-6 Norin; 1d6=1) Sili with a heavy fist (1d20=14) catching him in the flank and slamming him into the wall for (4dd=6,1,4,3) 8 hit points so that he tumbles down a few steps before miraculously regaining his feet and continuing to run!

Ahead, Legandir sees a square of daylight that must be Hollin Gate -- there are several figures there, coming toward him!

---

Sili: (Dwarf F4, AC1/4, HD 4+5, hp 12/20, Load 14/15).
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16501

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:38 pm

(003) Durin's Way

tonneau wrote:
Legandir squints into the light to try to make out if the approaching forms are friend or foe.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16501

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:34 pm

(003) Durin's Way

ehiker133 wrote:
Norin shouts, "Come on, Sili! We're almost there!"

He continues running as fast as he can down the stairs.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16501

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:55 pm

(003) Durin's Way

mushgnome wrote:
Sili brushes himself off and continues running down the stairs. "Ha! They think they are hunting US... the fools!" he remarks to Norin in the Dwarfish tongue.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16501

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:44 pm

(003) Durin's Way

doctorx wrote:
Lmluin continues to run, darting glances over his shoulder, still searching for that elusive clear shot...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16501

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:49 pm

(003) Durin's Way

calithena wrote:
Soval holds up the lantern and peers at the onrushing group...

If he recognizes them, he shouts: "Elves and dwarves! We are your fellows! Men, back - let them through!" Soval will keep his lantern and sword out, and hold his position until all have passed through, then cautiously move backwards until out, defending himsself as he retreats, etc.

If he does not, he calls out for the axes, and Berangar and Grim will produce pole axes to try to hold the tunnel. Still they are expecting their friends to be first out (Soval was worried about this in an earlier post), so hopefully no-one will actually run into a pole axe what with the lantern up and elvish and dwarvish sight on the other end.

(OOC: Glad to see the retreat seems to be working after all!)
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16501

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:06 pm

(003) Durin's Way

doctorx wrote:
calithena wrote:(OOC: Glad to see the retreat seems to be working after all!)


YOU'RE glad..! [img]images/smiley/grin.png[/img]
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Moria

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software