(003) Durin's Way


Waysoftheearth's Moria PBP

User avatar

Posts: 16193

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:23 pm

(003) Durin's Way

doctorx wrote:
"Telthalion and I shall scout if you wish," says Lmluin, "though I too have heard great tales of the stealth and cunning of the kin of the Ringbearer. Perhaps this is the time to show their skills? If it be so, we shall take the third rank of battle."

To Telthalion; "I hoped to spare you the dark of this place, my friend, but we have need of your marksmanship. I ask that you walk beside me if you will."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16193

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:33 am

(003) Durin's Way

mushgnome wrote:
"Hepti bring torches, Midvitnir the hound, and Vestri fill our flasks with Long Lake beer! Sli son of Vli to war!

"Norin of the Lonely Mountain, hammer and flail march together at the front line!"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16193

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:56 am

(003) Durin's Way

ehiker133 wrote:
OOC: I think that means Sili and Norin will take the front rank with flail and warhammer.

We need a row of three spearmen behind us, then two rows of three archers each, if we have that many.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16193

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:19 am

(003) Durin's Way

waysoftheearth wrote:
While Sili seeks the attentions of Ymir the physician at the camp site, the remaining company of well armed Men and Elves and Norin the Dwarf lend council as to the timing and form of their next sortie.

It is deemed wise to press on as soon as is practical.

It is also judged that Sili and Norin should have the honour of taking the lead into the halls of their forefathers.

Next should come a rank of three with spear, and there are but three Men in the great company of 30 possessed of such arms; Dalian of Esgaroth (warder of Celglin the Half-Elf seer), and ‰ohild and Dernfara the Rohirrim warriors -- more accustomed to fighting from horseback but equally grim on foot.

Behind these should come the archers, and the Elvish folk shall serve admirably with their bow craft; Legandir, Lomeluin,Elindir and also Telthalion are all ready with the supple limbed bows of Rivendell and Mirkwood and a keen eye with which to aim.

Behind these, presumably, shall come torch bearers?

Shall the Hobbits be sent ahead into the darkness to discover the enemy? None have yet agreed to this wisdom.

What of Soval and his Men? And the others?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16193

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:03 pm

(003) Durin's Way

waysoftheearth wrote:
doctorx wrote:To Telthalion; "I hoped to spare you the dark of this place, my friend, but we have need of your marksmanship. I ask that you walk beside me if you will."


Telthalion gives a curious smile and replies in Sindarin "I could hardly stand by and watch you go hither alone, my Captain."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16193

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:23 pm

(003) Durin's Way

doctorx wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:Telthalion gives a curious smile and replies in Sindarin "I could hardly stand by and watch you go hither alone, my Captain."


Lmluin smiles grimly and nods his head; "To it, then. We've a long and dark road before us. I would walk it as swiftly as we may."

To the Hobbits: "What say you, my bold halflings? Do you scout the way, or do we?"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16193

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:43 pm

(003) Durin's Way

waysoftheearth wrote:
The Shire-folk are lingering outside at the camp -- more prepared for afternoon-tea than for Troll hunting, it would seem.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16193

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:25 pm

(003) Durin's Way

tonneau wrote:
Legandir adjusts his cloak after the flight down the stairs and idly kicks a small rock - perhaps a fragment of troll - down the last steps.

"I think the task is left to us", he observes, noting the serene absence of hobbits in the vicinity.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16193

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:29 pm

(003) Durin's Way

waysoftheearth wrote:
Perhaps it is well.

Thus far the company has deemed to arrange itself as follows at the foot of the stair:


@ Front
@#.....#@
@#.E.L.#@ Scouts ahead
@#.....#@
@#.....#@
@#.S.N.#@ Main column
@#d.E.D#@
@#.l.T.#@
@#.H.V.#@ Torch bearers
@#.?.?.#@
@#.???.#@
@##...##@ Hollin Gate
..Rear


E Elindir, Halfelf bard
L Legandir, Halfelf ranger

S Sili, Dwarf fighter
N Norin, Dwarf fighter
d Dalain, Esgaroth spear Man
E Eohild, Rohirrim spear Woman
D Dernfara, Rohirrim spear Man
l Lomeluin, Elf bow
T Telthalion, Elf bow
H Hepti, Dwarf torch-bearer
V Vestri, Dwarf torch-bearer
? Others?

If any other brave souls wish to join this next sortie, they should quickly do so...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16193

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:35 pm

(003) Durin's Way

doctorx wrote:
Lmluin, wonders quietly to himself whether the legendary stealth of the hobbit-folk lies in the fact that they're never around to be seen in the first place... ( ;D)

Then he turns on his heel. "It is time the risk was shared by all, I think," he growls; "I shall return as swiftly as I may."

And he stalks off to find a Hobbit or two...

(O.O.C: Sorry, ways - seems I cross-posted with you. Lmluin would ideally like to collar a Hobbit or so to share in the work, but not if it's going to hold everyone else up. If we're ready to move on he'll take position in the marching order as indicated.)
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Moria

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software