(003) Durin's Way


Waysoftheearth's Moria PBP

User avatar

Posts: 16439

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:55 pm

(003) Durin's Way

tonneau wrote:
"Friends", says Legandir as he arrives nimbly at the group of waiting men, "you are most welcome".
"We came accross some trolls, and they pursue us now", he adds, shouldering his bow and drawing an intricately inscribed sword.
"Stand ready", he finishes, brandishing the blade and turning to face the oncoming doom.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16439

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:48 pm

(003) Durin's Way

calithena wrote:
Soval and Legandir will make a stand, letting the retreating scouting party members rush by us and then (if Legandir is amenable) staging a fighting retreat back to Hollin's gate - where, if the trolls pursue us, we hope to flank them from all sides and/or watch them turn to stone in the sunlight!
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16439

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:49 pm

(003) Durin's Way

waysoftheearth wrote:
The crazy retreat continues around the long, wide curve of the stair as fast as the Dwarfs' legs will carry them!

Legandir is far enough ahead (some 30 or 40 yards) of the pursuit to hail Soval and his company of fighting Men (who are another 30 yards down the stair), and they hastily prepare a defense 20 yards inside the West Gate.

Meanwhile, the rabid Trolls reach and claw at the backs of the Dwarves as they flee (1-3 Sili, 4-6 Norin; 1d6=5) and now Norin is in peril after delaying half a moment to help Sili back onto his feet after his fall, (1d20=5) but he is nimble enough to evade the blow as he runs.

Lomeluin and Elindir are ahead of the Dwarves, and now Lomeluin sees the Trolls run in a single, ragged file beyond his allies, and he lets fly over their heads at the enemy further up the stair (1d20=2) but alas, he missteps upon a broken Orc skeleton on the stair and his shot goes wayward. His arrow deflects harmlessly off the second Troll's scaled shoulder and tumbles into the dark behind them...

---

Lomeluin has 18 arrows remaining.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16439

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:57 am

(003) Durin's Way

ehiker133 wrote:
As soon as Norin can make out the others from the party at the bottom of the stairs, he shouts, "Let us through! We'll try and bring them out with us!"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16439

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:50 pm

(003) Durin's Way

doctorx wrote:
Lmluin snarls a curse and keeps running, readying another arrow...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16439

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:58 pm

(003) Durin's Way

calithena wrote:
Assuming Legandir agrees, Soval and Legandir will slowly back out with their weapons drawn as the forward party passes them coming out, hoping to lure the trolls into the open where superior force and perhaps sunlight can be brought to bear against them.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16439

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:06 pm

(003) Durin's Way

ragnorakk wrote:
Celglin will rush back towards the sunlight, and prompt any healers of the expedition that their services may soon be required. Durin's way will not be easy...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16439

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:43 pm

(003) Durin's Way

tombowings wrote:
Elindir similarly knocks and arrow and prepares to fire upon the trolls.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16439

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:52 pm

(003) Durin's Way

waysoftheearth wrote:
First Legandir, then some moments later Elindir and Lomeluin, now run into the pale sunlight and join Soval and company.

Further up the stair, Norin and Sili come thudding down with their boots and mail clattering. Behind them the howling and roaring comes to an abrupt stop, and both Dwarfs dare a look over their shoulders... just in time to see the first of the Trolls seeming to fall awkwardly toward them. And then there is a mighty clatter as the Troll, stiff as a board, hits the stair side-on and breaks into scores of chunks of rock which then spill down the stair.

Further up in the dark, they spy the other pair of monsters are pulling back, their arms shielding their eyes from the distant glare of sunlight...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16439

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:54 pm

(003) Durin's Way

ehiker133 wrote:
Norin turns around, cradles his warhammer in his arms, and shouts, "Where do you think you're going, you clan-less, willow-waisted sissies? We're not done with you!"

Over his shoulder, he calls, "Aim for the one in back! I'll see if I can draw the one in front down to us."

Then he spits on the largest piece of troll-come-statue within spitting range and glares at the monstrosity on the stairs like it's a bug that needs squishing.

"Come on down, you witless, nose-picking cave-gherkin!"



OOC: I can't take credit for the insults...

http://limsk.tripod.com/dwarfswr.htmhttp://limsk.tripod.com/dwarfswr.htmlimsk.tripod.com/dwarfswr.htm
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Moria

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software