(002) Hollin Gate


Waysoftheearth's Moria PBP

User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu May 26, 2011 10:29 pm

(002) Hollin Gate

waysoftheearth wrote:
Do Elindir and Telthalion intend to descend the gate stair and hunt the craggy plains of Eregion below, in the valley of the Sirannon? It will likely take them the best part of a day to get out of the truly mountainous terrain where hunting might be a reasonable prospect.

Or do they mean to "hunt" the 200 square yards or so of Holly trees up here by Hollin Gate? There is clearly no large game around. If luck is with them, they might get a bird or two...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri May 27, 2011 12:56 am

(002) Hollin Gate

calithena wrote:
If Sili reckons it out loud, he has seven menfolk at his disposal to help with the menial clearing, less whoever they post on guard - which they are all doing now.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri May 27, 2011 1:26 am

(002) Hollin Gate

crusssdaddy wrote:
Arbenbard: "I will help clear the rocks from the gate - it will provide a chance to examine their workings. Perhaps the rocks could be formed into stout defenses. Nat can help clear or stand watch, whichever is needed."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri May 27, 2011 1:40 am

(002) Hollin Gate

ragnorakk wrote:
Celglin asks (assuming that the answer is not obvious) "Can we make it through without disturbing the debris? It might be better to leave as little sign of our entry as possible."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri May 27, 2011 1:59 am

(002) Hollin Gate

mushgnome wrote:
"HOLD!" calls Sili, rising from his crouch.

"Orcs are active by night. If we can repair these stone-works by dusk, then I for one will sleep safer with a stout gate between our camp and whatever lives in that tunnel. Therefore I will lend my Dwarfs and mules to the effort.

"But if the task is too great for the daylight that remains, what purpose does it serve to create a great ruckus and leave the task half-done? Better to keep a low profile, I think, and hope our campsite in the trees goes unnoticed.

"Either way, nobody starts excavation on the Gate until I've had a chance to scout ahead a ways into the Mines. If there's something we need to know about just inside that tunnel, I'll not waste a day's labor sealing it from our reach!"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri May 27, 2011 3:34 am

(002) Hollin Gate

waysoftheearth wrote:
ragnorakk wrote:Celglin asks (assuming that the answer is not obvious) "Can we make it through without disturbing the debris? It might be better to leave as little sign of our entry as possible."


It takes but a moment to ascertain that there is indeed a path through the rubble. It is wide enough for two Men to walk abreast, and weaves through a short "S" of a curve before passing through the Gate and into the Mines proper.

The best purpose of clearing the rubble would be to free the great doors so that they might be closed once more, or else to re-use the rocks as part of a camp defense.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri May 27, 2011 6:38 pm

(002) Hollin Gate

doctorx wrote:
mushgnome wrote:
"Either way, nobody starts excavation on the Gate until I've had a chance to scout ahead a ways into the Mines. If there's something we need to know about just inside that tunnel, I'll not waste a day's labor sealing it from our reach!"


"I shall walk with you, Sili,son of Vili," says Lmluin, fitting a white-feathered arrow to his bow; "I too am keen to know what lies beyond."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri May 27, 2011 6:45 pm

(002) Hollin Gate

ehiker133 wrote:
Norin stands beside Sili, ready to enter the mines.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri May 27, 2011 6:55 pm

(002) Hollin Gate

tombowings wrote:
Having given up with the hunting expedition, Elindir joins Sili and company, ready to enter the mines. "Allow me to assist you, my stout friend. Who knows what need of herb you will find within the deep."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat May 28, 2011 5:47 am

(002) Hollin Gate

waysoftheearth wrote:
Very well.

It is Sili and Norin of the Dwarves and Lmluin and Elindir of the Elves who first dare pass the West Gate and into the darken halls of MORIA.

(Sili, Norin, Lmluin and Elindir please goto the Durin's Way thread. Everyone else, please stay here in this thread.)
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Moria

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software