(002) Hollin Gate


Waysoftheearth's Moria PBP

User avatar

Posts: 16004

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:23 pm

(002) Hollin Gate

ragnorakk wrote:
Celglin and his bodyguard will rush to the door, and wait outside to help hold off any foes that might emerge. "I doubt they've gone as far as the Great Stair..."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16004

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:51 pm

(002) Hollin Gate

waysoftheearth wrote:
Soval raises the alarm and Celglin Half-Elven is first to arrive, along with his Man Dalain of Esgaroth.

Beranger of the North Downs is also quickly on the scene, and Einar of Swanfleet and Grim of Dunland are only half a minute away.

The others are rising from their ease, looking about in alarm, or else gathering up their gear.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16004

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:57 pm

(002) Hollin Gate

waysoftheearth wrote:
Soval posts Beranger by the entrance-way, and then instructs Celglin and Dalain to follow after him as he hastily passes through Hollin Gate.

Half a dozen paces inside, Soval immediately notes the quickening dark all about him. There is a great stair rising up and up ahead of him, but the sunlight scarcely reaches far enough for him to ascend.

Littered about the stair are the bodies of many fallen warriors of old.

Far ahead in the darkness he hears the echoes of battle!
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16004

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:11 pm

(002) Hollin Gate

calithena wrote:
Soval pauses, and as quickly as he can produces a lantern and lights it. (Switching to sword and lantern in hand.)

"Good Celglin," he asks as he works, "do your elf-kind senses make the tunnel clear, or blocked? Even my man-ears can tell there is battle ahead, and I would fain order reinforcements forward hard and fast, were I sure we would not lead to the death of our compatriots by blocking their path."

Unless Soval hears footsteps coming his way, or is told by Celglin that there is a likelihood that others are coming their way already, Soval will call back: "Our brothers are embattled! Come quickly, lest they fall to some black-hearted monster of the depths!"

And with that he will press forward with sword and lantern and as many men as he can muster to aid his fellows.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16004

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:13 pm

(002) Hollin Gate

waysoftheearth wrote:
It seems to take an age, but finally Soval has a fire to his lantern, by which time all five of his hardened mercenaries are on the scene, along with Celglin and Dalain.

"Come!" encourages Soval as he rushes onward into the Mines, sword and lantern in hand, his troop following dubiously after.

---

Soval, go to the Durin's Way thread (with your mercenaries in tow).

Celglin, you may also go to the Durin's Way thread (with Dalain in tow) if you so wish.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16004

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:22 am

(002) Hollin Gate

crusssdaddy wrote:
Arbenbard and Nat hear the commotion and return to camp.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16004

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:13 am

(002) Hollin Gate

waysoftheearth wrote:
The camp is alive with activity now; all those capable fighters have hastily put on their mail, taken up shields and arms, and readied themselves for whatever threat might come spilling from Hollin Gate.

There is an anxious tension in the air...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16004

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:45 am

(002) Hollin Gate

waysoftheearth wrote:
Norin the Dwarf's head emerges from Hollin Gate for a moment:

ehiker133 wrote:"Ymir! Prepare a healing brew! We have a wounded dwarf in here!"


Evidently the scouting party are returned proper, with at least one wounded.

As it would happen, Ymir the Dwarven physician was already making preparations for some earthy Dwarf tea, and now upon his master's call he hastens about his task, establishing a small camp-fire from a bundle of dry Holly tree twigs and branches, and then placing a small iron kettle-pot over the flames.

"Bring the patient hither," he mutters to Burmon the Dwarf porter, "If he can safely be moved."

Burmon grunts as he lifts himself off the ground and trudges toward the Hollin Gate suspiciously. However, by now almost half the company are milling just inside the door, so the Dwarf figures it can't be too dangerous, surely?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16004

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:01 am

(002) Hollin Gate

waysoftheearth wrote:
Sili allows Burmon to lead him back to the camp, where upon Ymir is preparing an invigorating draft.

mushgnome wrote:"Hepti, Vestri: bring torches... We're going back in!"


Sili hoiks his thumb in the general direction of Hollin Gate as he gingerly sits himself down and then allows Ymir to peel back his mail and tisk over his scratches and grazes.

"Found ourselves a couple of good bruises, by the look," mutters Ymir, hardly seeming to notice that they are connected to Sili. The physician swabs the swelling grazes down with a cold salve from his supplies, and then returns to his brew of scalding water, herbs and a few drops of herbaceous oils...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16004

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:06 am

(002) Hollin Gate

waysoftheearth wrote:
Before Ymir has his water boiled and his steamy brew concocted, Hepti and Vestri the Dwarves have their packs slung onto their back and have a torch each in hand, ready to be lit.

Though they are stout Dwarves each of them, they look none too eager to be hiking into the jaws of Moria.

"What was... in there?" asks Hepti, the younger of the pair, with an edge of nerves on his normally gruff voice.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Moria

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software