(002) Hollin Gate


Waysoftheearth's Moria PBP

User avatar

Posts: 16313

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:06 pm

(002) Hollin Gate

mushgnome wrote:
While Vestri is filling the flasks with beer from the keg, Sili says, "Vestri my young friend, fear not! No harm shall befall you, safe behind three ranks of Dwarf, Man, and Elf warriors. Hold the torch steady, and someday you'll tell your grandchildren about your victory over the Trolls of Khazad-dum."

To Ymir, "Thanks Doctor, the first of many, I am sure!"

Then Sili scratches Alf behind the ears. "You be a good dog, stay here with Midvitnir and guard the camp."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16313

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:28 pm

(002) Hollin Gate

waysoftheearth wrote:
"Rrruff?" says Alf appreciatively.

Sili sips at the hot tea brewed by Ymir and rests for a handful of minutes as the physician fusses over his welts and bruises. When Ymir is satisfied he says:

"That is all I can do for you, young Dwarf. I recommend that you get a good night's rest before seeking more trouble -- though I doubt my council will be heeded."

---

(1d6=5) Sili has recovered 6 hit points.

Ymir cannot lay on hands again until tomorrow.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16313

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:12 pm

(002) Hollin Gate

doctorx wrote:
Lmluin stalks over to where Baraglin and Largo are preparing afternoon tea in the way that only Hobbits can.

"Master Banks! Master Harfoot! Your services are required within," he says, a pale light flickering in his eyes; "I regret that I must spoil your repast, but of the three Trolls you may have noticed the rest of our Fellowship battling, two survive." He looks at the sun inching its way into the West; "If unattended, they will probably return come nightfall. They have ideas concerning supper too - most unpleasant ones."

If Eremin is lurking anywhere within earshot; "Master Sulk; We re-enter the Mines. Your skills will be needed. A share of the treasures of Moria must be earnt...

And with that, he turns on his heel and heads back into the darkness beyond the Gate...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16313

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:55 pm

(002) Hollin Gate

waysoftheearth wrote:
"Well I never!" scoffs Baraglin after Lomeluin stalks off.

"I thought Elves were said to be a mannerly folk!" tisks Largo.

"Good manners don't cost a thing," agrees Baraglin, and the two Hobbits finish their tea while the rest of the camp disgorges the bulk of its folk toward Hollin Gate.

---

At the last the following folk remain at camp:

Frwine the Rohirrim groom,
Balian the Esgaroth lackey,
Ymir the Dwarf physician,
Deorwyn the Rohirrim groom,
Midvitnir, the Dwarf animal keeper,

To take care of the goods and animals:

Rohemnet, Lomeluin's rouncy,
Alf, Sili's guard dog,
Frosti, Snod, Fumbul and Tug, Sili's mules,
Ned, Soval's mule,
Gleowine, Eohild's rouncy,
Deor, Dernfara's courser,
"Piglet", Eremin's courser,
Ladybird, Baraglin's mule,
Deloris (the old nag), Largo's mule.

---

Once everybody else has made their way into the dark the Hobbits finally pack up their tea sets and prepare to follow.

"After you, my good Sir," says Baraglin with a bow.

"Oh no, I couldn't possibly! After you, I insist," replies Largo with a deeper bow.

And so it goes with Hobbits, a truly remarkable folk...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16313

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:58 pm

(002) Hollin Gate

waysoftheearth wrote:
Do you wish to leave any fighting-Man behind at the camp?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16313

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:56 pm

(002) Hollin Gate

calithena wrote:
If no-one else leaves guards, Soval will tell Berangar, Ran, and Sutherland to stay behind here with the rest. "It would not be meet, if these travelers in our charge, were ill met." If others chip in and there are at least 3 total guards left behind then Soval will have Berangar come along after all. He advises them to try to stay out of sight, retreat if in any doubt, and to save lives before goods.

OOC: Ways, I will let you know what stuff I'm leaving behind, but things are super busy at home, so it may take me a bit. Sorry!
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16313

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:26 pm

(002) Hollin Gate

doctorx wrote:
I think we may need Telthalion's move/fire ability in the mines, but I agree we need to leave the camp guarded. Anyone else got a minion to spare? [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16313

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:00 am

(002) Hollin Gate

waysoftheearth wrote:
Very well.

Berangar the Northman, Ran the Hollander, and Sutherland the Duderling all remain behind to guard the camp. Truth be told, Soval notes relief in the slope of their shoulders and the set of their normally grim faces. Even Sutherland the hard-as-nails Dunderling has a quirky half smile twinging at the corner of his lip.

---

All of the hirelings who risk life and limb by entering Moria expect a quarter share in any loot for their incredible bravery.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16313

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:02 am

(002) Hollin Gate

waysoftheearth wrote:
calithena wrote:OOC: Ways, I will let you know what stuff I'm leaving behind, but things are super busy at home, so it may take me a bit. Sorry!


No problem at all.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
Previous

Return to Moria

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software