(001) Preparations


Waysoftheearth's Moria PBP

User avatar

Posts: 16040

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed May 18, 2011 12:25 pm

(001) Preparations

waysoftheearth wrote:
Preparations!

Your fellowship of Men, Elves and Dwarves -- brought together by common purpose -- makes good to depart Edhil and march overland some 40 leagues, by way of the River Sirrion to the very feet of the Misty Mountains and there to locate Hollin Gate, and the fabled Mines of Moria.

The expedition is thirty strong excluding mounts and pack animals, and may yet be joined by a few more.


Gentlemen, I will require a detailed marching order before we get underway.


Moria Awaits!
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16040

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed May 18, 2011 1:06 pm

(001) Preparations

waysoftheearth wrote:
70d6 are rolled for hit points...

Lmluin Elf 3+3 : 2,4,3 = 12 hp
Telthalion Elf 1+3 : 1 = 4 hp
Frwine Rohirrim 1+2 : 3 = 5 hp
Rohemnet (Rouncy) 1+6 : 6 = 12 hp
Legndir Half-Elf 3+2 : 2,4,5 = 13 hp
Elindir Half-Elf 3+1 : 2,1,6 = 10 hp
Celglin Half-Elf 1+4 : 2 = 6 hp
Dalian Lake Man 1+4 : 6 = 10 hp
Balian Lake Man 1+2 : 1 = 3 hp
Norin Dwarf 3+2 : 6,1,5 = 14 hp
Ymir Dwarf 1+1 : 3 = 4 hp
Burmon Dwarf 1+3 : 4 = 7 hp
Sili Dwarf 4+5 : 5,5,3,2 = 20 hp
Alf (Hound) 1+2 : 4 = 6 hp
Frosti (Mule) 0+1d6+4 : 5 = 9 hp
Midvitnir 1+3 : 4 = 7 hp
Snod - Midvitnir's mule (Mule) 0+1d6+4 : 5 = 9 hp
Hepti 1+3 : 5 = 8 hp
Fumbul - Hepti's mule (Mule) 0+1d6+4 : 4 = 8 hp
Vestri 1+3 : 5 = 8 hp
Tug - Vestri's mule (Mule) 0+1d6+4 : 1 = 5 hp
Arbenbard North Man 2+2 : 3,3 = 8 hp
Nat Pickthorn Breelander 1+4 : 4 = 8 hp
Soval Hackbeard Hollander 4+2 : 3,6,6,1 = 18 hp
Beranger Northman 1+4 : 4 = 8 hp
Einar Hollander 1+4 : 5 = 9 hp
Grim Dunderling 1+4 : 1 = 5 hp
Hallam Dunderling 1+4 : 2 = 6 hp
Ran Hollander 1+4 : 4 = 8 hp
Sutherland Dunderling 1+4 : 2 = 6 hp
Ned (Mule) 0+1d6+4 : 5 = 9 hp
Lady ‰ohild of Rohan 3+2 : 4,2,6 = 14 hp
Gleowine (Rouncy) 1+6 : 3 = 9 hp
Barald of Mirkwood 1+4 : 5 = 9 hp
Deorwyn of Rohan 1+2 : 2 = 4 hp
Eremin of Bree 3+2 : 6,2,2 = 12 hp
Piglet (Courser) 2+4 : 3,5 = 12 hp
Dernfara of Westfold 4+2 : 5,5,4,3 = 19 hp
Deor (Courser) 2+4 : 4,6 = 14 hp
Baraglin Banks of Bree 3+2 : 1,3,5 = 11 hp
Ladybird (Mule) 0+1d6+4 : 3 = 7 hp
Largo Harfoot of The Shire 2+2 : 1,6 = 9 hp
Doloris (Mule) 0+1d6+4 : 4 = 8 hp


Please update your character sheets accordingly...


edit: Correction to Mercenary fighters' hit points
edit: Added Eremin Sulk
edit: Added Dernfara Longsight
edit: Added Baraglin Banks
edit: Added Largo Harfoot
edit: Added Ned, Soval's mule
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16040

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed May 18, 2011 1:57 pm

(001) Preparations

mushgnome wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:Gentlemen, I will require a detailed marching order before we get underway.


Sli son of Vli the Dwarf Hero has walked all the way from Lonely Mountain and will patiently march a few leagues more. He proudly leads the great column of Dwarves, accompanied by Alf his trusty dog and Frosti his pack mule. If any of the Dwarvish PCs wish to join him near the front of the line, he welcomes their strength-in-arms, otherwise the marching order is Midvitnir followed by Hepti followed by Vestri. They trudge dawn to dusk ever onward to their goal: Moria.

The non-Dwarves may flit to and fro picking flowers as they please. (OOC: This means he supports the "mobile scouting party" proposal.)
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16040

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed May 18, 2011 2:47 pm

(001) Preparations

ehiker133 wrote:
Norin and his two hirelings will gladly march with Sili and company.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16040

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed May 18, 2011 6:25 pm

(001) Preparations

calithena wrote:
"Well, if you don't mind my saying so, as a military man," Soval said, "it seems to me that we are braving the depths with a small army. Those of us who are light of foot and less heavily burdened might do well to make a forward unit, leading us on into the depths.

"This one, here" - he points to Eremin - "treads like a hunting bobcat. And you, good elf, and your three half-kin here" - Soval looks downwards as he addresses Lomeluin, nervous to be in such company - "have the light mail and light step of all your kind. So perhaps ye five would like to take the lead of our crew, and the rest of us will come in your train, going as ye direct. What say ye?"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16040

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed May 18, 2011 9:22 pm

(001) Preparations

doctorx wrote:
The lean, dark-haired elf looks down upon the snaking column winding its way towards the shadow of the mountains. A mixed company indeed. The dwarves; strange folk. He will judge them by their deeds rather than the tales of the dark days. A small company of half-elven from Imladris - not all gone into the West then - he wonders which half of their blood guides their actions. And the Men - many men shod in steel. He thinks of fire and the sound of axes on the borders of Eryn Lasgalen and a cold gleam comes to his intense blue eyes, although he notes a number of Rohirrim in the column. The words of Radagast return to him; "Look upon the Man. Does he treat his animals as his serfs or his friends? By such shall ye know him." The people of Rohan's love for their horses speaks well of them.

He leans low over Rohemnet's neck and whispers softly in the Nandorin tongue, urging him gently to rejoin the march. On his return he hears the scar-chinned warrior discussing the array of their forces.

"I will undertake the task of scouting ahead," Lmluin says quietly. "Will the fair folk of Imladris assist me?"

To Sli and Norin; "Hail to the sons of Durin. What know you of the Hollin Gate? The stories I have heard are old and filled with Sauron's darkness. Perchance you have more recent news?"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16040

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed May 18, 2011 10:36 pm

(001) Preparations

waysoftheearth wrote:
Alas, it is many decades since the stout folk of Erebor have trod the halls of Khazad Dum. None here have news since the coming of the forth age, save for idle rumour and gossip of the foul doings of Orcs and valourless Men.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16040

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed May 18, 2011 10:44 pm

(001) Preparations

tonneau wrote:
"I will walk with you", says Legandir, his voice strong and clear.

He strides up to the elf, enschrouded in a greatcloak of grey. His longbow and the shield on his back both bear the mark of Rivendell, but his mixed blood is obvious in his face as he throws back his hood.

"I do not doubt all this steel will prove its worth in Moria", he whispers, casting his bright eyes over the small army amassed before them, "but my ears are not yet tuned to its song. I would walk in silence while I still can".
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16040

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed May 18, 2011 11:04 pm

(001) Preparations

mushgnome wrote:
doctorx wrote:To Sli and Norin; "Hail to the sons of Durin. What know you of the Hollin Gate? The stories I have heard are old and filled with Sauron's darkness. Perchance you have more recent news?"


"Hail Lmluin, I am Sli son of Vli." With his piercing gaze, blonde beard, and incredibly long nose, he is a regal hero indeed!

"Is it possible the story of Gimli son of Gloin and his victory over the Balrog of Khazad-dum is remembered, even among your people? The tale tells of a Watcher in the Water who sealed the gate behind the Fellowship of Gimlii as they entered. It is not known to my people of Lonely Mountain whether the gate has been reopened since. If it be sealed and guarded yet, the labors of my Dwarves and mule-team shall drain the foul waters and restore the injured gate!"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16040

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu May 19, 2011 1:33 am

(001) Preparations

ragnorakk wrote:
Celglin says "Ailin adn b'rn... Ndan berja tultbangais?"*

"Indeed Sili! The great tales of Gimli son of Gloin were made known to us! It is an unfortunate animal in those deeps. Do you think that mule strength could be brought to bear against it? Surely it would drown in the air, under the next sunrise... no - it seems a danger better not tempted...

I agree Soval that we can lend our sight and quiet step. Lmluin, our company can only benefit. We are even enough for two pickets, perhaps one ahead, and one on the side of the mountains? And what news of the far gate? Perhaps the Lady of Rohan can say?"

* for ye elfs: "pool, lake" "gate" "that has long endured unchanging"
"not dare?" "draw forth" "monster to dread"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
Next

Return to Moria

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software