Out Of Character

Waysoftheearth's Moria PBP

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:01 pm

Out Of Character

doctorx wrote:
Back again! How goes the quest? Any sign of a r - TROLLS? THREE TROLLS?!? [img]images/smiley/shocked.png[/img]

Yes, well. (Harumph); Erm... no biggie, back in a jiff...

( ;D)
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:46 am

Out Of Character

waysoftheearth wrote:
doctorx wrote:Back again! How goes the quest? Any sign of a r - TROLLS? THREE TROLLS?!? [img]images/smiley/shocked.png[/img]

Yes, well. (Harumph); Erm... no biggie, back in a jiff...

( ;D)
Welcome back DoctorX.

Lomeluin has expended one arrow in your absence. He has 19 remaining.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:38 am

Out Of Character

waysoftheearth wrote:
What cunning sorcery is this? I've rolled 5, 1, 8 and 5 for Troll attack rolls so far!

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:25 pm

Out Of Character

calithena wrote:
Hi GM -

Is OOC kibitzing on ongoing battles OK here? If not, cool. If so, should just players in the actual battle kibitz, or can the rest of us shout advice from the sidelines too?

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:49 pm

Out Of Character

ehiker133 wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:What cunning sorcery is this? I've rolled 5, 1, 8 and 5 for Troll attack rolls so far!
Dumb dwarven luck, for sure!

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:33 pm

Out Of Character

tombowings wrote:
We would be retreating if at all possible, calithena.

Are any sounds of battle emanating to the surface?

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:42 pm

Out Of Character

waysoftheearth wrote:
calithena wrote:Hi GM -

Is OOC kibitzing on ongoing battles OK here? If not, cool. If so, should just players in the actual battle kibitz, or can the rest of us shout advice from the sidelines too?
That's fine. You can talk strategy and meta-gaming all you like here in out of character... [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:43 pm

Out Of Character

waysoftheearth wrote:
tombowings wrote:We would be retreating if at all possible, calithena.

Are any sounds of battle emanating to the surface?
I gave the sounds of battle in my last post on the Hollin Gate thread.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:20 pm

Out Of Character

tombowings wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:I gave the sounds of battle in my last post on the Hollin Gate thread.
Opps. Sorry, Ways. Being in the middle of finals, I'm barely keeping up with the posts as it is.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:55 am

Out Of Character

calithena wrote:
There was a point at which ways I thought said the dwarves could run for 4-5 rounds if they were willing to take one shot at them per round. It's moot now but I would have taken those odds. If I'm wrong no biggie, we seem to be in it now.

We are a massive target with a party this size. If we want to minimize losses we will need to stick pretty closely to the scout-retreat-full assault method - and the scouts have to get out before they trigger action as often as possible, they are information gatherers. (Why Wizard Eye is a 4th level spell.)

Concentrated force is hugely important in most RPG combat systems and the more of it you apply faster the more likely you are to get through what is often a pretty rough attrition game.

Well, let's kill these trolls and then we can yell at each other IC and form some unit cohesion. But if you guys see any chance at fighting retreat as a group - I think some of you are doing this already - take it. Otherwise, reinforcements are on the way!

Return to “Moria”