Out Of Character

Waysoftheearth's Moria PBP

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:12 am

Out Of Character

waysoftheearth wrote:
As it turns out both Sili and Norin have great ACs and the Dwarf advantage against Giant sized enemy, so they are reasonably unlikely to be hit, even from behind.

And if I don't roll anything higher than an 8 it won't matter in any case!

(How's that for an attempt to "lift the jinx"?)
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:17 am

Out Of Character

mushgnome wrote:
Sili is reasonably confident he could hold a narrow passage against single-file trolls (300 style) IF he had is shield and flail equipped... next expedition he is bringing Hepti and Vestri as torch-bearers! [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:55 am

Out Of Character

waysoftheearth wrote:
Yes, torch bearers could come in very handy [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:55 am

Out Of Character

ehiker133 wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:As it turns out both Sili and Norin have great ACs and the Dwarf advantage against Giant sized enemy, so they are reasonably unlikely to be hit, even from behind.

And if I don't roll anything higher than an 8 it won't matter in any case!

(How's that for an attempt to "lift the jinx"?)
I'm not holding my breath that we'll make it to the bottom of the stairs...

(attempting to block your jinx lift)

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:18 pm

Out Of Character

doctorx wrote:
We're nearing the Gate and Troll Number One at least appears very stupid and very angry...

What say we try and lure him outside? It's a nice sunny afternoon out there... [img]images/smiley/wink.png[/img]

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:44 pm

Out Of Character

ehiker133 wrote:
I was hoping these trolls had the same issues with sunlight as the three from The Hobbit...

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:38 pm

Out Of Character

mushgnome wrote:
ehiker133 wrote:I was hoping these trolls had the same issues with sunlight as the three from The Hobbit...
I always figured Gandalf cast Flesh to Stone and then blamed it on the sun so the Dwarves/Bilbo wouldn't realize just how powerful he was. [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:59 pm

Out Of Character

ehiker133 wrote:
Nope, I'm pretty certain all trolls react that way when they go into sunlight.

[img]images/smiley/grin.png[/img]

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:53 pm

Out Of Character

doctorx wrote:
Unless they're Olog-Hai, but these boys don't seem bright enough. Get 'em outside and we should have statues...

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:16 pm

Out Of Character

waysoftheearth wrote:
FYI -- My internet access may be patchy this weekend, but I expect everything to be back to normal come Monday.

It would be great if folks contrived a marching order.

The stair is wide enough to two to fight abreast with swinging swords and axes, or else three abreast with thrusting spears or firing bows.

Return to “Moria”