Requests to Join (Heroes in the Making)

Waysoftheearth's Moria PBP

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue May 10, 2011 9:31 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
Very good ProfessorP.

You know 3 languages, the first two of which are presumably Khuzdul and Westron.

Your HD are: 2d6(3rd level Sneak) +2(con adjustment)

Your (thus far unarmoured) front AC is 7; Being 9 (base) -1(for 2HD) and -1(for dex). Rear AC 9.

Your saving throws are 13, with +2 versus wands, rays, and breath weapons (Sneak), and +2 versus poison, wands, staves, and spells (Dwarf).

You can employ at most 3 hirelings.

Presumably most of your starting goods will be of Dwarfish make (and thus cost 5 times the list price)... excepting Manish goods you may have acquired recently in Edhil, or along the way there.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue May 10, 2011 9:50 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
Very good Ehiker.

You may wish to review some Tolkien-esque Dwarf names http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Dwarves#Known_Dwarveshere and http://axebow.hakaze.com/char/edda.htmhere (for example). You can choose names for your hirelings too, or leave it to me to do so.

Your HD are 3d6+2 (3d6 for 3rd level fighter) +2(con adjustment)

Your saving throw is 13. +2 versus poison, wands, staves, and spells (Dwarf), and +2 versus poison, paralysation or petrification, and death (fighter).

Presumably most of your starting goods will be of Dwarfish make (and thus cost 5 times the list price)... excepting Manish goods you may have acquired recently in Edhil, or along the way there.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue May 10, 2011 10:38 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
Well done Crusssdaddy.

Arnor was a huge Kingdom that occupied much of north-western middle earth in ages past, so to say you are of Arnor is similar to saying I am "of Earth". You might like to choose a smaller, current place of origin within Arnor. Read more about Arnor http://www.tuckborough.net/arnor.htmlhere.

This will also help narrow down your race from "Man" to a specific people. By default you would be a Hollander of Eregion.

Your HD are 2d6+2 (2d6 for 4th level seer) +2(con adjustment).

Your front AC is 8: 9(base) -1(half of your 2HD).

You can employ at most 7 hirelings; you can dream up names for them, or else leave it to me.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue May 10, 2011 10:48 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
Mushgnome, the Dwarves appear to be coming out in force!

You might like to look at the Tolkien-esque Dwarf names I suggested earlier too; http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Dwarves#Known_Dwarveshere and http://axebow.hakaze.com/char/edda.htmhere (for example).

You can speak read and write one language (Khuzdul), or else you can speak Khuzdul and Westron but not read or write either.

Your HD are 4d6+5 (4d6 for 4th level fighter) +5(con adjustment). You are tough as a Dwarf hero!

Your (unarmoured) frontal AC is 7; 9(base) -2(half your 4 HD).

Your saving throw is 12. +2 versus poison, wands, staves, and spells (Dwarf), and +2 versus poison, paralysation or petrification, and death (fighter).

You can employ at most 6 hirelings.

The costs of some of the requested items are:

Rum, small barrel (20 pints, 6 bulk): 60sp
Beer, small barrel (20 pints, 6 bulk): 20sp
Goat 4sp
sheep 4sp
Chicken 1sp
Dog, lap: 50sp
Dog, hunting: 20sp
Dog, guard: 30sp
Cheese making gear, Man-made (2 bulk): 3sp
Bucket, Man-made (1 bulk): 6cp
Cook stove, cast iron, portable, Man-made (15 bulk): 30sp
Light Dwarfish ballista, collapsible (90 bulk): 375sp + 2 crew
Light Dwarfish catapult, collapsible (140 bulk): 750sp + 3 crew

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue May 10, 2011 11:15 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
Great job Tonneau -- awesome back-story!

One last detail; Legndir Urbrinduil knows 3 langauges; Sindarin, Westron and one other... it seems likely from your story that it might be the so called "northern tongue", or possibly one of the other Elvish tongues?

Rock and roll ;D

p.s. because all your gear is Elvish it weighs 25% less. Your total load is 11.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue May 10, 2011 12:25 pm

heartless wrote:
Count me in I would love to play! [img]images/smiley/cool.png[/img]

Please roll up my stats.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue May 10, 2011 12:44 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
heartless wrote:Count me in I would love to play! [img]images/smiley/cool.png[/img]

Please roll up my stats.
The dice have fallen thus:

XP: 4 + 1 + 2 = 7
SP: 4 + 5 + 5 = 14
Str: 2 + 4 + 5 = 11
Int: 2 + 3 + 2 = 7
Wis: 5 + 1 + 2 = 8
Dex: 5 + 1 + 6 = 12
Con: 1 + 6 + 5 = 12
Cha: 2 + 4 + 4 = 10

sum: 81, average: 10.12

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue May 10, 2011 12:53 pm

mushgnome wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:A PC can "figure it out". But it will still take a number of crew to move, maintain and operate any such artillery. I'd say you should hire a Captain and several mercenaries to crew your thing.

I'm picturing a baggage train 40 yards long with wagons, crew and draft animals hauling heavy equipment through the Mines of Moria. Quietly.
Sounds like more trouble than it's worth, clearly I've been playing too much Dwarf Fortress lately! [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]

Thanks for the price list clarifications. I'm going shopping...

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue May 10, 2011 2:51 pm

calithena wrote:
If there is still room, I think I would like to try my hand at this. Perhaps some attribute rolls are in order?

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue May 10, 2011 3:09 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:Very good Ehiker.

You may wish to review some Tolkien-esque Dwarf names http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Dwarves#Known_Dwarveshere and http://axebow.hakaze.com/char/edda.htmhere (for example). You can choose names for your hirelings too, or leave it to me to do so.

Your HD are 3d6+2 (3d6 for 3rd level fighter) +2(con adjustment)

Your saving throw is 13. +2 versus poison, wands, staves, and spells (Dwarf), and +2 versus poison, paralysation or petrification, and death (fighter).

Ok... new name (and hireling names) selected. Finagled some supplies and pay (only one week in advance) and then updated helmet to be of dwarven make, but in the interest of saving money, all basic supplies (where quality is of less importance) were purchased in Edhil, if that works for you. If not, I can make more adjustments - would probably have to lose the laborer.

Return to “Moria”