Requests to Join (Heroes in the Making)

Waysoftheearth's Moria PBP

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue May 10, 2011 3:58 pm

crusssdaddy wrote:
Adjustments made, backstory arriving shortly...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue May 10, 2011 4:54 pm

danhem wrote:
In my initial excitement about this new game, I failed to recognize my already limited amount of available time. I think I'll bow out now rather than vanish once the game has begun. Have fun everyone.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue May 10, 2011 6:42 pm

tombowings wrote:
I guess we could use someone with the healer's craft. So....

.~-= Elindir =-~. of Rivendell

Story
In youth, Elindir was scared with the curse of frailty--perhaps from the absent spirits of ancestors now dwelling beyond the seas. Elindir learned much herb lore and leechcraft from the unsuccessful healers that tended to him. But like childhood innocence, all that once was is now lost. The great peace, crumbled into pile of half-standing stones. Evil once again seeps from the deep places of the world. And the ancestors of the ancients will heed its call. Despite his physical weakness, Elindir has taken up arms and intents to bring the conflict to the gates of Moria.

Biology : Half-Elf
Alignment : Fair
Languages : Westron, Sindarin

Class & Levels : Bard 3
Experience Points : 9,000
XP Bonus : 15%
Hit Dice : 3d6+1
Hit Points : (ref will roll my hp)

Armour Class : 3/6 (Elven Mail, Shield, 15 Dex, 3 HD)
Saving Throw : 13 (+4 vs. poison; +2 vs. disease, paralysis, petrifaction, sickness)

Abilities
STR : 11 (--) (2 in 2d6)
INT : 09 (--) (2 in 6)
WIS : 16 (+1) (4 in 6)
DEX : 15 (+1) (3 in 6)
CON : 06 (-1) (1 in 6)
CHA : 09 (--) (2 in 6)

Gear
Elven Mail
Large Elven Shield
Elven Sword
Elven Bow
Quiver on Belt
-20 Elven Arrows
Backpack
- Elven Healer€™s Herbs
- Elven Bedroll
- Trail Rations

Wealth
0 silver pennies
0 copper pennies

Encumbrance
Capacity = 11
Load = ?

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue May 10, 2011 9:03 pm

doctorx wrote:
.~-= L“M‹LUIN, =-~. Captain of East Lorien

Story
The youngest son of a proud Sindarin Lord of the Galadhrim, Lmluin€™s perceived lack of warrior fibre led to him being dispatched East to study herb-lore with Radagast the Brown under the eaves of Mirkwood. He proved an apt pupil, but the outbreak of the War of the Ring proved him also a surprisingly skilled and cunning warrior during the Battle beneath the Leaves. It was only after Sauron€™s defeat that he learned his father and brothers had all fallen during the assaults on Lorien. As the last male heir of his house he assumed their duties, eventually dispatched to Southern Mirkwood, or East Lorien as it was now known, to guard its new-won frontiers. But the glory of Lorien dimmed, its people slowly passing into the West. This angered Lmluin. Had his kin sacrificed their right to look upon the light of Valinor for nothing? Already Men encroached on the borders of Lorien. Should fire and axes come to Cerin Amroth? He refused to take the ship to the Undying Lands, dwelling instead on his time with Radagast and the tales the old Wizard would sometimes tell of Rings of Power. Could what was wrought once not be wrought again? Thus it was he looked secretly into the Mirror of Galadriel - always a perilous undertaking, and more so since the Lady of the Wood departed into the West... and he saw a vision of a mighty ring lost in the eternal dark of Moria €“ the Black Pit.

Could not elvendom on earth be restored by the power of so precious a thing..?

Biology : Elf Male.
Alignment : Selfish
Languages : Sindarin, Westron, Nandorin.

Class & Levels : Bard 4
Experience Points : 18000
XP Bonus : 10%
Hit Dice : 3d6 +2 +1(constitution)
Hit Points : (ref will roll my hp)

Armour Class : (Front - 4 (6 (elf mail) -1 (Shield) -1 (half HD). Rear - 6)
Saving Throw : 12 +4 vs. Disease, +2 vs. Poison, Paralysation, Petrification, Sickness, Death.

Abilities
STR : 07 (-1) (1 in 6)
INT : 13 (--) (3 in 6)
WIS : 15 (+1) (3 in 6)
DEX : 12 (--) (2 in 6)
CON : 06 (-1) (1 in 6)
CHA : 14 (+1) (3 in 6)

Gear
(All of elvish make unless stated otherwise.)
Longbow: A great bow of the Galadhrim strung with elven hair.
20 arrows of Lorien in quiver on shoulder belt.
Sword: €œAndn€ €“ An heirloom of his house, wielded by his father and brothers before him.
Dagger.
Elvish Mail.
Small Shield: An elegant buckler bearing the emblem of East Lorien (a gold mallorn tree on a white background for Lorien surrounded by a circle of green leaves for Eryn Lasgalen, (for what elf goes into battle without a shield to skateboard on..? ;D)
2 elven bowstrings.
Backpack.
Waterskin (filled with the clear water of the Nimrodel.)
Elven trail rations (lembas), 1 week.
Bedroll.
Healer€™s Herbs, 2 bunches.
Pouch, belt.
Tinderbox.

HIRELINGS:
TELTHALION (Elf mercenary: 18 sp per week/3 weeks paid up).
(I€™m seeing this guy more as a member of Lmluin€™s war-band than simple hired help if that€™s okay. He€™s loyal to his captain, if uneasy with his objectives, but he€™s going to a place most elves wouldn't be caught dead in and needs to see some sign of progress inside 3 weeks or his doubts will start to surface...)
EQUIPMENT: (All elvish.)
Armour: Leather, Small Shield.
Weapons: Longbow, Sword, Dagger, 20 Arrows.
Miscellaneous: Backpack, Belt Quiver, Waterskin, Trail Rations (Lembas), 1 week.

FR‰WINE (Rohirrim animal handler: 6 sp per week/3 weeks paid up)
(Hired when our noble elf lord left his boat at the North Undeep on the Anduin, started walking across the Wold, found sweating under a heavy load Man-like and undignified and decided to purchase a horse...)
EQUIPMENT:
Armour: Gambeson.
Weapons: Dagger.
Miscellaneous: Backpack, Waterskin, Trail Rations, 1 week.

HORSE:
(All purchased in Rohan):
Horse, Rouncy. (Name: Rohemnet).
Saddle and harness.
Saddlebags.

Wealth
13 silver pennies
0 copper pennies

Encumbrance
Capacity = 7
Load = On self - 6. On horse - 5. ( I think!)

Special Rules:
Move silently and invisibly on 4 in 6 (in light armour).
Locate hidden doors/secret passages on 4 in 6.
Fire bow on the move (on foot) without penalty.
Inflict +1 damage with magical weapons of elvish make.

Capacity = 7
Load = 6

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue May 10, 2011 10:54 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
calithena wrote:If there is still room, I think I would like to try my hand at this. Perhaps some attribute rolls are in order?
Welcome Calithena, there's always room for one more... especially a Fight On! scribe [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]

Your numbers are:

XP: 6 + 3 + 4 = 13
SP: 5 + 6 + 6 = 17
Str: 1 + 5 + 6 = 12
Int: 4 + 3 + 1 = 8
Wis: 5 + 2 + 2 = 9
Dex: 1 + 2 + 6 = 9
Con: 2 + 4 + 4 = 10
Cha: 4 + 5 + 1 = 10
sum: 88, average: 11.00

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue May 10, 2011 11:00 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
danhem wrote:In my initial excitement about this new game, I failed to recognize my already limited amount of available time. I think I'll bow out now rather than vanish once the game has begun. Have fun everyone.
Sorry to see you go Danhem, but I understand that real life always trumps. You'll always be welcome back later of course [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue May 10, 2011 11:02 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
Great work on the upcoming PCs guys. I'll review the details after work tonight [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed May 11, 2011 1:21 am

mushgnome wrote:
No Hobbits yet, eh? [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed May 11, 2011 4:11 am

ehiker133 wrote:
Back story has been added, WOTE. Let me know if you want me to change anything before I post my character sheet on the other thread.

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed May 11, 2011 8:45 am

coffee wrote:
Oh, how can I pass this up? Count me in!

Return to “Moria”