[004] Recon and Recovery


Waysoftheearth's V1 Demo Game

User avatar

Posts: 16259

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:23 am

[004] Recon and Recovery

waysoftheearth wrote:
[color="Blue"]In another minute the intrepid pair arrive in the archway to overlook the water-logged, misty chamber containing the curiously fashioned column.

Two torches are guttering in scones afixxed to the walls -- one adjacent to the archway which Tirandir and †delwynn are peering though, the other opposite, by the narrow stair leading back the to surface. The torch-fires are clinging to their last few minutes of fuel, lending the blanket of mist an ochre-orange tint.

The fact that a major battle was fought here scarcely an hour earlier is completely concealed by the mist.

All is ominously silent.
[/color]

What now?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1450

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:28 pm

[004] Recon and Recovery

mgtremaine wrote:
Tirandir would motion †delwynn forward, he would be careful to skirt the open puddles. Espeically those nearest the fountain. Back to the stairway to retrieve the oil he saw earlier.

-Mike
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Fighter (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 3/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16259

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:04 pm

[004] Recon and Recovery

doctorx wrote:
†delwynn follows on cautiously.

Very cautiously. ;D
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16259

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:11 am

[004] Recon and Recovery

waysoftheearth wrote:
[color="Blue"]The pair skirt the misty room, the feet sloshing through cold water once again, as they -- several times -- almost trip over bodies hidden beneath the mist. This aside, they reach the stair which climbs up and up to the swampy surface. They dun light from over indicates that they day is almost done...

Mist and water continues to trickle down the narrow stair from above, however.
[/color]

What now?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1450

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:23 pm

[004] Recon and Recovery

mgtremaine wrote:
Tirandir would quick as possible try to find any flasks of oil, torches, or anything flammable on either of the bodies.

-Mike
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Fighter (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 3/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16259

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:46 pm

[004] Recon and Recovery

waysoftheearth wrote:
The bodies of Firas and Mab are at the foot of the stair; two partially conceal bulks in the mist.

You can loot anything you like from... (check out their respective character sheets).
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16259

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:54 pm

[004] Recon and Recovery

doctorx wrote:
†delwynn takes the opportunity to nibble on some of the pepperoni...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1450

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:49 pm

[004] Recon and Recovery

mgtremaine wrote:
Tirandir rummages around the bodies, then start muttering to himself and double checking....Then he laughs in self mocking way. He grabs the 3 torches and then considers picking up one of the bodies....After a quick look back at where the rest of the party must be he decides to head back.

Double quick....... When we get to where the scones are replace the sputtering torch with a fresh one and light another one to carry down the long hallway.

-Mike
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Fighter (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 3/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16259

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:02 pm

[004] Recon and Recovery

doctorx wrote:
†delwynn helps himself to another sausage and follows on...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16259

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:20 pm

[004] Recon and Recovery

TheLeadershipGeek (SMKSensei) wrote:
(ooc) Jaras loves scones. (but he's apparently fast asleep in a corner somewhere) I believe the term we'd like to use is "sconce" sans typos. (/ooc)
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Delving Deeper Demo Game 2012

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software