[003] Mother's Lair


Waysoftheearth's V1 Demo Game

User avatar

Posts: 16506

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:27 am

[003] Mother's Lair

aergraith wrote:
OOC: not Vangelis, for he needed his shield hand.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16506

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:06 am

[003] Mother's Lair

sulldawga wrote:
aergraith wrote:OOC: not Vangelis, for he needed his shield hand.


OOC: What happened to the one you lit earlier? If you dropped it, it's still gotta be here somewhere.

aergraith wrote:Vangelis will strike up a torch.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16506

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:02 am

[003] Mother's Lair

aergraith wrote:
OOC: I'm gonna go with dropped, near my feet.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16506

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:55 am

[003] Mother's Lair

waysoftheearth wrote:
aergraith wrote:OOC: I'm gonna go with dropped, near my feet.


Let's assume for convenience that Vangelis handed his torch to Mot before he "went hither" into the dragon's lair.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16506

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:35 pm

[003] Mother's Lair

Zenopus wrote:
Mot shouts, in the language of Law (which he knows that Gaspard and Vangelis speak, and perhaps our new ally The Herald, but hopefully not the Dragon):

"I'm ready with oil but afraid I'll hit one of you - maneuver behind the dragon!"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16506

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:36 pm

[003] Mother's Lair

aergraith wrote:
In light of Mot's direction, VANGELIS will use mace and shield defensively to maneuver behind the dragon instead of an outright attack.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16506

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:46 pm

[003] Mother's Lair

verhaden wrote:
Gaspard

It's unlikely Gaspard will be able to change direction, having committed himself to the attack, but if it's possible to slip under or away from the dragon after his own attempted strike, he will do so with great haste and bated breath.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16506

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:15 am

[003] Mother's Lair

sulldawga wrote:
"Don't wait!" The Herald shouts back in the same Lawful tongue. "Throw it now!"

OOC: The Herald ain't budging. The Gods will protect him from wayward oil flasks. Toss away!
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16506

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:51 am

[003] Mother's Lair

waysoftheearth wrote:
Zenopus wrote:"I'm ready with oil but afraid I'll hit one of you - maneuver behind the dragon!"


A rather tricky business seeing that the dragon has flight and is at least as quick as the players! But we shall see...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16506

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:51 am

[003] Mother's Lair

waysoftheearth wrote:
[color="Blue"]Maleveque continues to restrain the charmed lizard man in the passage, out of sight of the fighting (but certainly not out of earshot) while Jaras loiters idly by, doing nothing for the reputation of the small folk's courage!

In the lair Gaspard scores only a glancing blow on the slippery reptile as it retreats out of range with a forceful push from its wings and simultaneously unleashes a jet of acid from its maw that cuts a searing arc right through The Herald (retribution for his recent blow), Gaspard and Vangelis!

The Gods indeed must favour The Herald for he suffers "only" critical burns while Vangelis and Gaspard are both dissolved into smouldering heaps of roiling slag!

The Herald attempts to retaliate with his mace, but alas the dragon is out of reach.
[/color]

Initiative is rolled (1d6; dragon=3, The Herald=2, Vangelis=1, Gaspard=5).

Gaspard strikes first (1d20=15) but misses -- again by just one 1 pip. If only he was a fighter!

The dragon launches itself backward and fires its breath weapon. The Herald is targeted specifically as retribution for the blow he most recently dealt, but each of the others present (including Mot who is preparing to throw his oil-bomb from the archway) will also be hit on a d6 roll of 1-2 (1d6; Mot=4, Vangelis=2, Gaspard=2). The agony! The Herald, Vangelis and Gaspard will all share the same fate.

Saving throws versus breath weapon are rolled for The Herald, Vangelis and Gaspard (1d20; The Herald=18, Vangelis=13, Gaspard=2) but only The Herald saves. Gaspard and Vangelis suffer the full 11 hit points, and are slain, while The Herald suffers only half damage, 5 hit points. He has 1 hit point remaining.

The Herald survives to deliver his own attack (1d20=2) but alas, the dragon is out of range.


What next?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Delving Deeper Demo Game 2012

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software