Page 5 of 9

[003] Mother's Lair

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:37 pm
by waysoftheearth
sulldawga wrote:
Forward! Into the fray! Solais calls for dragon blood!

[003] Mother's Lair

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:55 pm
by waysoftheearth
aergraith wrote:
Vangelis will continue to fight the dragon.

[003] Mother's Lair

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:46 am
by waysoftheearth
sulldawga wrote:
OOC: Ways, was there any response to my earlier post about The Herald examining the stone archway and looking for a way to bring the dragon down from there? See the bold comments below.

sulldawga wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:[color="Blue"]Before The Herald has delivered his speech, a sinuous reptilian neck slides unexpectedly down from above the arch so that the smallish dragon head attached to it gets a good eye-full of the group in the passage before quickly darting back out of view.

"You keep such raggedy company, Heraldofman," sneers the dragon with amusement, "Little wonder that you sulk in the shadows like a thief."[/color]

The Herald laughs mirthlessly. "Who is skulking in the shadows right now before me? Little wonder that your idea of civil conversation is insults thrown from behind your hiding place. You disappoint me, tho' I must wonder why I expected more from your kind in the first place."

Then turning back to the others, again hissing in a low whisper, "If you plan to run, do it now. I'd know who fights at my side before I deliver this worm back to the hells."

OOC: How tall is the arch? In the torchlight, can I determine how sturdy it is? Wondering what it would take to bring it down. Anything nearby, other than The Herald's sturdy shoulder, that I could use to barrel into it?

[003] Mother's Lair

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:04 am
by waysoftheearth
waysoftheearth wrote:
Apologies Sully -- I had answered in my head, just not in fact!

The arches are old and worn stonework, full of pocks and scars, but they will be good and strong for years yet. A shock from a battering ram or catapult shot might bring one down, but a Man's shoulder? Not unless he be a giant could he collapse the arches!

Alas, the passage is free of any battering ram sized logs. You would have to locate on in the swamp outside.

[003] Mother's Lair

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:09 am
by waysoftheearth
sulldawga wrote:
Sounds like it's gonna be good ol' hand-to-claw combat then.

Hope the guys with the oil show up soon...

[003] Mother's Lair

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:38 am
by waysoftheearth
waysoftheearth wrote:
[color="Blue"]Vangelis continues to give battle, with The Herald and Gaspard moving in to support him while the others cower back in the passage way. Maleveque has to convince the extremely agitated lizardman to hold fast.

The Dragon leaps from the stone work with a powerful thrust of its wings, going into a tight backward roll through the air with Gaspard taking a swipe as it takes flight, but only hitting air. Almost immediately after the monster has turned over itself in midair and rushes directly back at Vangelis. The pair exchange blows but once again each is turned on the other's strong armour. But now Vangelis has The Herald in support, and the grim cleric puts a mace blow into the wyrm's ribs.
[/color]

Initiative is rolled (1d6; Vangelis=4, The Herald=1, Gaspard=5, Dragon=4).

Attacks are rolled in order of initiative; Gaspard (1d20=2), followed by the Dragon and Vangelis simultaneously (2d20=2, 2), followed by The Herald (1d20=20!). Only The Herald scores a hit for (1d6=1) 1 hit point.


What next, bold dragon slayers?

[003] Mother's Lair

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:36 pm
by waysoftheearth
sulldawga wrote:
The Herald smiles, a terrible grin. Could he actually be enjoying this?

"Enjoy your last moments on this earth, wyrm. The Hells beckon."

He presses the attack.

OOC: Natural 20 and only 1 HP of damage? I think I've found an error in the rulebook... [img]images/smiley/wink.png[/img]

[003] Mother's Lair

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:13 pm
by waysoftheearth
aergraith wrote:
Vangelis calls to his god and brings his mace down on the creature's brainpan.

[003] Mother's Lair

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:29 pm
by waysoftheearth
verhaden wrote:
Gaspard

Gaspard presses his attack, buoyed by the Harald's strike and Vangelis' calls.

[003] Mother's Lair

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:02 pm
by waysoftheearth
Zenopus wrote:
Mot has a flask of oil - who has a torch?